Abandoned meaning in English: In this article, the meaning of the word ‘Abandoned’ is explained in easy English with examples, along with its synonyms and antonyms.
‘Abandoned’ pronunciation= ə-ban-dənd, əband(ə)nd
Abandoned meaning in English
The act of leaving any Vastu or object by the owner without care forever is called ‘Abandoned’.
1. An object, thing, or person which has been completely left forever without being cared for.
2. Anything that has been left forever without the necessary protection and care.
3. Such a vicious person who has surrendered himself to misconduct.
4. A very wicked or sinful person who behaves without any restraint.
|Abandoned- English meaning|
|which is not used
|the one with bad addictions|
The word ‘Abandoned’ acts as an ‘Adjective’.
The past tense and past participle of the word ‘Abandon’ is ‘Abandoned’.
Sentences that can be formed using the word ‘Abandoned’ are as follows.
▪ This dog is in bad condition because it is abandoned by its owner.
▪ Nobody knows about his parents, he is an abandoned boy.
▪ The match was abandoned without start because of rain.
▪ He used to live a reckless and abandoned life so his parents stay away from him.
▪ Many supporters have abandoned him because they came to know their leader is not capable to fulfil the promises which he made during elections.
▪ His car was found abandoned in the forest.
▪ After consuming wine he transforms into an abandoned man.
▪ I intend to abandon this city after completing my higher study.
▪ His parents abandoned him to his fate.
▪ Abandoned children are the biggest problem in this city.
▪ The government has started an orphanage for abandoned children.
‘Abandoned’ other meanings
match abandoned= Canceled match, forsaken match
match abandoned without a ball bowled= Match Canceled without a ball bowled
abandoned trademark= Deserted trademark, omitted trademark, left the trademark
abandoned child= Child whose parents desert him and show no intention to take care of him
abandoned property= Deserted property, left the property
abandoned mine= Deserted mine, forsaken mine
The synonyms of the word ‘Abandoned’ are as follows.
The antonyms of the word ‘Abandoned’ are as follows.