Accommodation meaning in English: In this article, the meaning of the word ‘Accommodation’ is explained in simple English with examples, along with its synonyms and antonyms.
‘Accommodation’ pronunciation= akamadeisan, akamaˈdeis(a)n
Accommodation meaning in English
‘Accommodation’ means a place to stay or a place to live.
The word ‘accommodation’ has different meanings.
1. ‘Accommodation’ means a living place provided for public convenience, such as a room, hotel, lodge, or rented place where peoples stay.
▪ Overnight accommodations are available for students.
2. An agreement, deal, reconciliation, or union between different people, groups, countries, or states.
▪ Ukraine sought accommodation with Russia.
3. The act of adapting or adjusting someone or something.
4. The act of providing something(lodging or food) to meet a need.
5. ‘Accommodation’ is the ability of the eye lens to automatically adjust focus on nearer and distant objects.
|a convenient arrangement|
|a settlement or compromise|
|adjusting to circumstances|
|making or becoming suitable|
|a settlement or differences|
The word ‘Accommodation’ acts as a ‘Noun’.
The plural noun of the word ‘Accommodation’ is ‘Accommodations’.
Sentences that can be formed using the word ‘Accommodation’ are as follows.
▪ University provided accommodation to foreign students.
▪ I wish I had accommodation at the seaside.
▪ We need accommodation for two days.
▪ Food and accommodation are provided by the company to their employees.
▪ This building has accommodation for all religious people.
▪ Usually, people like accommodation of low rent.
▪ ‘Accommodation’ means buildings or rooms where people live or stay.
▪ ‘Accommodation’ means a place, such as a room, hotel, lodge, or rented place where peoples stay or live.
▪ Ukraine’s prime minister was seeking accommodation with Russia to avoid war.
▪ We reached an accommodation between both parties.
▪ Accommodation of 50 people on the boat was not possible.
▪ This accommodation is adequate for our needs.
▪ An accommodation bill is drawn, pay it immediately.
▪ The Accommodation was spacious and comfortable.
▪ Required accommodation for a few hours.
‘Accommodation’ other meanings
accommodation of eye= The ability of the eye to focus its attention on distant objects.
financial accommodation= A form of loan in which the borrower is not obliged to compensate the lender.
transit accommodation= Home sites provided to residents during the redevelopment period.
bachelor accommodation= Single or shared housing where the employee or an individual lives without their family
free accommodation= an arrangement where a free place is provided for living without paying any rent
rent free accommodation= an arrangement where a residence is provided for living without paying any rent
staff accommodation= A provided residency by a company to the employee
power of accommodation= The ability of the eye lens to focus on near and distant objects.
The synonyms of the word ‘‘Accommodation’ are as follows.
The antonyms of the word ‘‘Accommodation’ are as follows.