Acknowledge meaning in English: In this article, the meaning of the word ‘Acknowledge’ is explained in easy English with examples, along with its synonyms and antonyms.
‘Acknowledge’ pronunciation= ak-nolidz, ik-na-lij
Acknowledge meaning in English
1. ‘Acknowledge’ means to confirm a fact or position and admit or accept it.
2. To accept something as legal in order to give it legitimacy.
|Acknowledge- English meaning|
|to report receipt|
|to thank you|
The word ‘Acknowledge’ acts as a ‘Verb’.
The past tense of the word ‘Acknowledge’ is ‘Acknowledged’ and the present participle is ‘Acknowledging’.
Sentences that can be formed using the word ‘Acknowledge’ are as follows.
▪ He acknowledged in front of the police that he is a thief.
▪ Everyone acknowledged the hard work of corona warriors.
▪ The ruling government is denying to acknowledge that unemployment is the biggest problem in the country.
▪ He acknowledged the delivery and sign the receipt.
▪ They refused to acknowledge that their signature is on the agreement.
▪ He is usually acknowledged to be one of the best actors in Hollywood.
▪ He is also acknowledged as an excellent singer apart from the actor.
▪ I acknowledge the receipt of your email.
▪ He acknowledges his crime and surrender to the police.
▪ He acknowledged the existence of God and embrace the Christian religion.
▪ The child acknowledged the presence of his mother with a smile.
▪ We acknowledge the receipt of your email.
▪ We acknowledge the receipt of your payment.
▪ Kindly acknowledge the receipt of the same.
‘Acknowledge’ other meanings
kindly acknowledge= Senders want to know you have received his letter through your written reply.
kindly acknowledge the same= Senders want a written reply from the receiver that he received what he sent.
please acknowledge the receipt= Please accept the receipt.
acknowledge receipt of this= Accept receipt of it.
acknowledge work= Accept the job
acknowledge defeat= Admit defeat
shall acknowledge= Will accept
we acknowledge= We accept
acknowledge the same= Accept that
acknowledge with thanks= Accept with thanks
learning acknowledge= Accept learning
acknowledgment= Acceptance, receipt
The synonyms of the word ‘Acknowledge’ are as follows.
|go along with
The antonyms of the word ‘Acknowledge’ are as follows.