Acquisition meaning in English: In this article, the meaning of the word ‘Acquisition’ is explained in easy English with examples, along with its synonyms and antonyms.
‘Acquisition’ pronunciation= a-kwə-zi-shən, akwɪ-ziʃ(ə)n
Acquisition meaning in English
The act of acquiring or buying something is called ‘Acquisition’.
1. Something that you have obtained or bought is called ‘Acquisition’.
2. When a company or person buys a company or business wholly or buys more than 50% share of it, then this buying action is called ‘Acquisition’.
3. Obtaining and developing skills, and quality through learning.
|Acquisition- English meaning
The word ‘Acquisition’ acts as a ‘Noun’.
The plural noun of the word ‘Acquisition’ is ‘Acquisitions’.
Sentences that can be formed using the word ‘Acquisition’ are as follows.
▪ His acquisition of antique statues is priceless.
▪ Their new acquisition brings them legal problems.
▪ He sold all his acquisitions due to bankruptcy.
▪ The company knew that the acquisition of those highly skilled labor recruitment takes a long time.
▪ Learning is not just a matter of skill acquisition it is more than that.
▪ The museum has just made another Acquisition of antique things.
▪ At last, the acquisition of priceless diamonds came true.
▪ The company did not disclose acquisition details till the final agreement is done.
▪ India did the acquisition of new advanced fighter planes from Russia.
acquisition other meanings
date of acquisition= Date of take-over or take control or acquire something
land acquisition= Land acquirement
knowledge acquisition= Acquiring or collecting knowledge from various sources
talent acquisition= Process of recruiting or obtaining skilled employee for company
asset acquisition= Process of buying assets and liabilities of one company from other company
The synonyms of the word ‘Acquisition’ are as follows.
The antonyms of the word ‘Acquisition’ are as follows.