Adequate meaning in English: In this article, the meaning of the word ‘Adequate’ is explained in easy English with examples, along with its synonyms and antonyms.
‘Adequate’ pronunciation= adikwət, a-di-kwət
Adequate meaning in English
The word ‘Adequate’ denotes whether the quality or quantity of something is sufficient, satisfactory, or acceptable as per the requirement.
|Adequate- English meaning|
The word ‘Adequate’ acts as an adjective.
Sentences that can be formed using the word ‘Adequate’ are as follows.
▪ My salary is adequate to fulfill my all necessary needs.
▪ The employees called a strike for adequate salary demand.
▪ Take adequate water and food with you before starting the journey.
▪ Children’s Teeth and bones need an adequate amount of calcium to grow up strong.
▪ You got adequate marks for admission to this university.
▪ The drink was not adequate for the guest at the party.
▪ More than adequate money was left for me by my father.
▪ She is an experienced singer, but her performance was merely adequate that day.
▪ Sunlight was adequate for drying my clothes.
▪ The quality of the product is perfectly adequate, don’t hesitate to buy it.
‘Adequate’ other meanings
adequate provision= Sufficient Provisions, Sufficient Logistics
adequate consideration= Enough thought, enough reward
just adequate= Just enough
adequate ventilation= Sufficient ventilation
adequate knowledge= Sufficient knowledge, due knowledge
adequate knowledge regarding dose= Sufficient information about dosage
adequate water= Enough water
adequate funds= Enough money
more than adequate= More than enough
quite adequate= Quite enough
not adequate= Insufficient
adequate sleep= Enough Sleep
adequate space= Enough room
liquor adequate= Enough wine
cervical length is adequate= The length of the cervix is sufficient
consideration need not be adequate= Thought should not be enough
inadequate= Insufficient, meager
The synonyms of the word ‘Adequate’ are as follows.
The antonyms of the word ‘Adequate’ are as follows.