Anonymous meaning in English: In this article, the meaning of the word ‘Anonymous’ is explained in easy English with examples, along with its synonyms and antonyms.
‘Anonymous’ pronunciation= ə-noniməs, ə-na-nə-məs
Anonymous meaning in English
‘Anonymous’ means to keep one’s identity secret while doing something. You don’t let people know that you were the person who did that work.
1. An act that has been done by an unknown person.
2. A person whose name is not known or has not been made public.
|Anonymous- English meaning|
The word ‘Anonymous’ acts as an adjective.
Sentences that can be formed using the word ‘Anonymous’ are as follows.
▪ The police assured the witness of the murder that your identity will remain anonymous.
▪ An anonymous caller warns the airport authority that someone kept a bomb in the airplane.
▪ Police received an anonymous complaint against illegal activity.
▪ He is living an anonymous life in a remote mountain village.
▪ This is an anonymous poem, nobody knows who wrote it.
▪ The trust received a cheque for charity with an anonymous letter.
▪ The temple got lots of anonymous donations on the auspicious day of Guru Purnima.
▪ People are very angry because anonymous persons set fire to their vehicle last night.
▪ The sky is full of anonymous stars.
▪ The anonymous girl sends me a love letter almost every day.
▪ I know who will remain anonymous.
▪ Your identity will remain anonymous.
‘Anonymous’ other meanings
alcoholics anonymous= alcohol addict unknown person
anonymous girl= Unknown girl
anonymous donation= Nameless donation
anonymous complaint= Unnamed complaint
remain anonymous= Remain unknow
anonymous life= Unknown life
anonymous poem= Authorless poem
anonymous person= Unknow person
anonymous letter= Nameless letter, authorless letter
anonymous call= Unknown call
donate anonymously= Donate innominate, donate namelessly
anonymous post= Unknown post, unnamed post
The synonyms of the word ‘Anonymous’ are as follows.
The antonyms of the word ‘Anonymous’ are as follows.