Confer meaning in English: In this article, the meaning of the word ‘Confer’ is explained in easy English with examples, along with its synonyms and antonyms.
‘Confer’ pronunciation= kən-fər
Confer meaning in English
The word ‘Confer’ has two different meanings.
1. To give an official title to someone or to honor someone.
2. Interacting with people and exchanging ideas with the intention of arriving at a decision.
|Confer- English meaning|
The word ‘Confer’ acts as a Verb.
The past tense of the word ‘Confer’ is ‘Conferred’ and the present participle is ‘Conferring’.
Sentences that can be formed using the word ‘Confer’ are as follows.
▪ Dr. Ambedkar was conferred with an honorary degree of Doctor of Laws by Columbia University.
▪ The government of India conferred on him the title of Padma Shree.
▪ I need to confer with my lawyer before signing this legal document.
▪ The university conferred an honorary degree to its students.
▪ They confer with each other before making any final decision.
▪ We confer about a plan of action with our employees.
▪ I need to confer with my doctor before taking these drugs.
▪ She confers with her husband before taking any decision.
▪ I want to confer with my parents regarding my professional career.
▪ I want to confer with my dad before buying this property.
▪ He conferred with his employees to accomplish that work.
▪ They conferred the medal on a social worker.
‘Confer’ other meanings
confer glory= Give fame, give prestige, give importance
to confer power= To provide power
conferred upon= To be provided
conferred= Given, devoted
conferred as an honor= awarded as an honor
confer immunity= Provide immunity
conferring organization= Providing organization
to confer with someone= Meet someone
you confer with someone= You meet someone
The synonyms of the word ‘Confer’ are as follows.
|give out to|
The antonyms of the word ‘Confer’ are as follows.