Courtesy meaning in English: In this article, the meaning of the word ‘Courtesy’ is explained in easy English with examples, along with its synonyms and antonyms.
‘Courtesy’ pronunciation= kər-tə-se
Courtesy meaning in English
‘Courtesy’ means polite behavior to people being a gentleman.
1. Things that are said as a greeting or manners when meeting people.
2. When the second service available with a major service is free, then that second service is called ‘Courtesy service’.
|Courtesy- English meaning|
The word ‘Courtesy’ acts as a ‘Noun’.
The plural noun of the word ‘Courtesy’ is ‘Courtesies’.
Sentences that can be formed using the word ‘Courtesy’ are as follows.
▪ Show some courtesy in front of guests.
▪ Thank you for teaching courtesy to my children.
▪ Thank you for your courtesy.
▪ To greet is a courtesy and to respond is an obligation.
▪ Courtesy is an important part of social life.
▪ She forgot to follow dress courtesy in religious rituals.
▪ She did not have grace and courtesy.
▪ Everyone should have to show common courtesy when dealing with people.
▪ Courtesy costs nothing but it wins the hearts of the people.
▪ This video is courtesy of the Indian government.
▪ They exchanged courtesies before signing the legal agreement.
▪ The film producer offered courtesy tickets for the movie to the reporters.
▪ By courtesy of the film director, I got a chance to act in a movie.
▪ I offered her coffee simply as a courtesy.
▪ My friends paid a courtesy visit to enquire about my health.
▪ The two friends were exchanging courtesies.
‘Courtesy’ other meanings
photo courtesy= Photo credit
courtesy visit= Formal visit to show politeness or respect
wardrobe courtesy= Dressing etiquette
courtesy extended= Elaborate manners, raising etiquette
just courtesy= Proper Etiquette, only etiquette
business courtesy= Business etiquette
show some courtesy= Show some manners
lack of courtesy= Lack of manners
I have courtesy= I have manners
job courtesy= Job etiquette
pic courtesy= Photo credit
costume courtesy= Dress etiquette
professional courtesy= Professional etiquette business etiquette
senatorial courtesy= Administrative Committee Etiquette, Committee Member Etiquette
minimum courtesy= Minimal etiquette
The synonyms of the word ‘Courtesy’ are as follows.
The antonyms of the word ‘Courtesy’ are as follows.