Designation meaning in English: In this article, the meaning of the word ‘Designation’ is explained in easy English with examples, along with its synonyms and antonyms.
‘Designation‘ pronunciation= de-zig-na-shən, dezɪɡ-neis(ə)n
Designation meaning in English
‘Designation’ means the rank or title conferred on a person.
1. The position in which a person works in an organization or company is called ‘Designation’.
2. The action of selecting a person for a particular purpose or giving them a special status, or position.
3. An official name, description, or title.
4. Appointment to or selection for an office, post, or service.
4. A name was given to a class or group.
|Designation- English meaning|
|appointment to a post|
The word ‘Designation’ acts as a ‘Noun’.
The plural noun of the word ‘Designation’ is ‘Designations’.
Sentences that can be formed using the word ‘Designation’ are as follows.
▪ What is your designation in your company?
▪ Her official designation is head clerk.
▪ Your designation may be changed in a few days.
▪ Your designation is useless.
▪ Use your designation for good work.
▪ His designation was the head of the police department for the eight years prior to his retirement.
▪ The company has yet not given designations to their employees.
▪ Designation of the authorized person.
▪ What is your designation?
▪ The designation is the action of choosing someone to hold an office or post.
‘Designation’ other meanings
official designation= Name or title given to the person
current designation= Current position or post or title
job designation= The position assigned for the job. for eg. trainee, jr. engineer, jr. accountant, etc.
present designation= Present position or post or title
The synonyms of the word ‘Designation’ are as follows.
The antonyms of the word ‘Designation’ are as follows.