Desperate meaning in English: In this article, the meaning of the word ‘Desperate’ is explained in easy English with examples, along with its synonyms and antonyms.
‘Desperate’ pronunciation= desp(ə)rət, de-sp(ə)rət
Desperate meaning in English
1. To be filled with a sense of hopelessness, despondency, and despair because of a bad situation.
2. An extremely strong desire to recover from a bad situation.
3. Willing to take any major risk to end a bad situation.
4. There is a strong desire in the mind to get or achieve something or to have a dire need for that thing.
5. Being audacious, reckless, and furious regardless of the danger caused by extreme despair.
|Desperate- English meaning|
|of great risk|
The word ‘Desperate’ acts as an adjective.
Sentences that can be formed using the word ‘Desperate’ are as follows.
▪ I hadn’t seen my daughter in two months and was desperate to see her.
▪ Cancer is a desperate disease.
▪ He was desperate to get married as he grows older.
▪ He was desperate to get success after a lot of failures.
▪ When I was unemployed, I am desperate to get a job.
▪ Aditya was desperate to win the karate championship.
▪ There is a desperate shortage of corona vaccines in India.
▪ I’m desperate to eat, let’s go to the hotel.
▪ He made a desperate attempt to win a gold medal in the race.
▪ We were desperate to get them out of danger.
▪ I am desperate to meet my father.
▪ He was so desperate to earn a lot of money, he ignored all the risks attached to it.
‘Desperate’ other meanings
I have desperate= I have disappointment
I am desperate= I am frustrated
i am desperate for you= I am impatient for you
desperate measures= Desperately taken steps
desperate life= Hopeless life
desperate friend= Hopeless friend
desperate dance= Fearless dance
desperate deed= Bold action
desperate woman= Fearless woman
desperately= Disappointingly, furiously
desperately waiting= Eagerly waiting
desperation= Disappointment, despair
desperately seeking= Eagerly looking
desperately need= Eagerly needed
desperate time= Hopeless times
desperate not= Not disappointed
desperate to please= Eager to please
i am still desperate= I’m still disappointed
kiss me I am desperate= I’m waiting, kiss me
desperate attempt= Desperate effort
desperate men= Frustrated men
desperate person= Frustrated person
The synonyms of the word ‘Desperate’ are as follows.
The antonyms of the word ‘Desperate’ are as follows.