Dignity meaning in English: In this article, the meaning of the word ‘Dignity’ is explained in easy English with examples, along with its synonyms and antonyms.
‘Dignity‘ pronunciation= dig-nə-te
Dignity meaning in English
‘Dignity’ is the right of a person to be valued and respected for what they are.
‘Dignity’ is also related to the behavior of a person’s personal conduct.
1. The calm and controlled behavior that is displayed even in a difficult situation, this type of behavior is called behavior with ‘Dignity’.
2. The condition or quality of a person by which he becomes worthy of respect and honor. The reason for getting respect can be some position, a high position, or even some special quality.
3. Having pride in oneself, a sense of self-esteem.
|Dignity- English meaning|
The word ‘Dignity’ acts as a ‘Noun’.
The plural noun of the word ‘Dignity’ is ‘Dignities’.
Sentences that can be formed using the word ‘Dignity’ are as follows.
▪ She is a lady with dignity.
▪ Head clerk thinks it is beneath his dignity to help junior clerks.
▪ He lived with dignity all his life.
▪ He earned lots of dignity due to his higher post.
▪ It was beneath his dignity to borrow something.
▪ Rich or poor everyone wants dignity in their life.
▪ Everyone praises him because he handles the tense situation with dignity.
▪ How can you use such abusive language? Have you no dignity in society?
▪ Better I choose to die if I lose my dignity.
▪ He earned dignity in society with his good works.
▪ Every citizen has the right to live with choice and dignity.
▪ This is beneath my dignity.
▪ Humiliating someone shows your lack of dignity.
‘Dignity’ other meanings
behave with dignity= Showing that you are worthy of respect or status what you have
beneath my dignity= Doing, some silly thing will reduce someone’s status in society
self dignity= Self-esteem, self-appreciation, self-respect
lacking dignity= Lacking prestige or respectability
regal dignity= Royal dignity
dignity of labour= No job is superior but all job is equal, so respect all jobs or labour equally
have some dignity= have some respect
dignity life= Life with respect and honor
The synonyms of the word ‘Dignity’ are as follows.
The antonyms of the word ‘Dignity’ are as follows.