Diversity meaning in English: In this article, the meaning of the word ‘Diversity’ is explained in easy English with examples, along with its synonyms and antonyms.
‘Diversity’ pronunciation= dai-və-siti, di-və-siti
Diversity meaning in English
‘Diversity’ means the quality of people or things being very different from each other.
1. The quality of being different or diverse.
|Diversity- English meaning|
The word ‘Diversity’ acts as a ‘Noun’.
The plural noun of the word ‘Diversity’ is ‘Diversities’.
Sentences that can be formed using the word ‘Diversity’ are as follows.
▪ The country of India is known for its religious and cultural diversity.
▪ Deforestation is the main cause of biodiversity loss.
▪ India is a place of ethnic diversity, linguistic diversity, and social diversity.
▪ The amazon forest is mainly known for its biological diversity.
▪ Unity in diversity is the real strength of the Indian people.
▪ Diversity refers to the existence of variations of different characteristics in a group of people.
▪ Sometimes racial diversity causes social problems in European countries.
‘Diversity’ other meanings
religious diversity= Religious variety, religious diversification
cultural diversity= Cultural diversification, variety of cultural groups in society
unity in diversity= unity between dissimilar individuals or groups
genetic diversity= Variation of genes that are present in a population or in species
linguistic diversity= Language variation, Differences between different languages
biological diversity= Variety of species and ecosystems
vast diversity= Vast variation and diversification
social diversity= Different social-cultural practices
racial diversity= Difference between racial groups
species diversity= Variety of living things
ecosystem diversity= Variation in the ecosystems
animal diversity= Variety among the different animal
gender diversity= Different genders
ethnic diversity= Difference between racial groups
diverse population= Peoples with different characteristics
The synonyms of the word ‘Diversity’ are as follows.
The antonyms of the word ‘Diversity’ are as follows.