Entity meaning in English: In this article, the meaning of the word ‘Entity’ is explained in simple English with examples, along with its synonyms and antonyms.
‘Entity’ pronunciation= entiti
Entity meaning in English
‘Entity’ means a thing with a distinct and independent existence, which has an obvious identity of its own as an individual unit.
As a noun ‘Entity’ can mean:
1. The term ‘Entity’ is often used for those organizations, institutions, etc. which do not have any physical form but which have a separate existence as an individual unit. For example, banks, companies, institutions, cooperative societies, clubs, etc.
2. An existential thing that has the properties of being real and having a real existence. For example, company, school, any individual etc.
3. Anything about which information or data can be stored in a database. In particular, an organized set of individual elements or parts.
4. Entity’ means a thing that is known, believed, or inferred as a separate existence (living or non-living).
5. A visual image of a spirit.
The word ‘Entity’ act as a Noun.
The plural noun of the word ‘Entity’ is ‘Entities’.
Sentences that can be formed using the word ‘Entity’ are as follows.
▪ Separate legal entity organized under corporate law.
▪ ‘Entity’ means a real-world thing that has properties.
▪ A named entity is a real-world object, such as persons, locations, organizations, products, etc., that can be denoted with a proper name.
▪ Planet earth is a living entity.
▪ God is a divine entity.
▪ In the business world, an entity is a company, association, cooperative, club, or person.
▪ A legal entity has the capacity to enter into agreements or contracts, pay debts, and incur debts.
▪ The judicial system and government are two separate entities.
▪ If I don’t know what something is, I might refer to it as an entity.
▪ If I know what it is but cannot remember its name then I might refer to it as an entity.
▪ Companies are quite separate legal entities from the directors and indeed from the shareholders.
‘Entity’ other meanings
legal entity= ‘Legal entity is an organization that can enter into legal contracts and has legal rights and obligations.
separate entity; separate legal entity= A separate entity means that the business keeps its finances separate from the personal assets of anyone with a stake in the company. if someone takes legal action against your business, your personal finances are separate and safe from the legal suit.
physical entity= A substance or being that has physical existence
living entity= Any living thing that is not dead
procuring entity= The organization that deals with purchasing goods
unknown entity= something is unknown or unidentified
The synonyms of the word ‘Entity’ are as follows.
The antonyms of the word ‘Entity’ are as follows.