Envious meaning in English: In this article, the meaning of the word ‘Envious’ is explained in easy English with examples, along with its synonyms and antonyms.
‘Envious’ pronunciation= en·vi·ous, en-viəs
Envious meaning in English
If you are jealous of someone’s success or good fortune or wealth, then you are an ‘Envious‘ person.
1. Feeling jealous of someone.
2. Feeling or showing a desire to have what you don’t have but someone else has.
3. Feeling jealous when someone else has achieved what you cannot achieve.
|Envious- English meaning|
|to be jealous|
The word ‘Envious’ acts as an ‘Adjective’.
Sentences that can be formed using the word ‘Envious’ are as follows.
▪ Envious wanting something that another person has.
▪ Someone is extremely envious of you.
▪ Poor people are usually envious of rich people.
▪ She is envious of her friend’s beautiful hair.
▪ He is very envious of his friend’s good luck.
▪ I am very envious of your new bungalow.
▪ He has no friends because of his envious nature.
▪ He is envious of people who have beautiful wives.
▪ He thinks his friends are envious of his successful life.
▪ He hides his envious nature from his friends and tries to appear a generous person.
▪ My envious neighbor is unhappy with my success.
▪ My neighbor’s wife is envious of my good salary job.
‘Envious’ other meanings
envious life= Jealous life
envious love= Jealous love
unenvious= Careless, worriless
envious person= Jealous person, spiteful people
easily envious= Easily jealous
envious people= Jealous people, spiteful people
envious girl= Jealous girl, spiteful girl
envious boy= Jealous boy, spiteful boy
envious man= Jealous man, spiteful man
envious women= Jealous women, spiteful women, resentful women
envious neighbor= Jealous neighbor
envious family- Jealous family
extremely envious- Extremely jealous, excessively jealous
The synonyms of the word ‘Envious’ are as follows.
The antonyms of the word ‘Envious’ are as follows.