Essential meaning in English: In this article, the meaning of the word ‘Essential’ is explained in easy English with examples, along with its synonyms and antonyms.
‘Essential’ pronunciation= I’sens(a)l, I’sensl
Essential meaning in English
The word ‘Essential’ acts as a noun and an adjective.
✔ The meaning of the word ‘Essential’ as an ‘Adjective’ is as follows.
1. ‘Essential’ means that which is very important or that which is absolutely necessary.
2. Very important; of high importance.
3. Relating to the most important qualities of something or someone. For example:
▪ Honesty is an essential part of his personality.
✔ The meaning of the word ‘Essential’ as a ‘Noun’ is as follows.
1. A necessary ingredient; A fundamental ingredient.
2. The basic element, quality, or characteristic of something.
Note: Essentials’ means such things which are absolutely necessary for a situation.
|Essential- English meaning
|being in the basic form|
|basic requirements of life
The word ‘essential’ acts as a noun and an adjective.
The plural noun of the word ‘Essential’ is ‘Essentials’.
Sentences that can be formed using the word ‘Essential’ are as follows.
▪ There is no role in life that is more essential than that of motherhood.
▪ ‘Essential’ means absolutely necessary or very important, or anything that is mandatory.
▪ You are essential to me.
▪ This is not an essential religious practice.
▪ Essential requirements must have been fulfilled.
▪ These are essential components of a valid contract.
▪ Some people think fear of God is essential in society.
▪ He keeps his essentials in the locker.
▪ The essentials I kept in a bag.
▪ This website helps you to learn all the essential vocabulary.
▪ We are always confronted with questions of what is essential or not.
▪ We have an essentials kit for you.
‘Essential’ other meanings
you are essential= you are necessary, you are very important
non-essential= insignificant, minor
essential service= necessary service
essential qualification= skills required
not essential= not necessary
essential goods= needments
quasi essential= almost necessary
essential things= essentials
essential for something= necessary for something
The synonyms of the word ‘Essential’ are as follows.
The antonyms of the word ‘Essential’ are as follows.