Freak meaning in English: In this article, the meaning of the word ‘Freak’ is explained in simple English with examples, along with its synonyms and antonyms.
‘Freak’ pronunciation= fri-k
Freak meaning in English
The word ‘freak’ has different meanings.
1. A person, an event, a situation, or something that is obviously (apparently) very unusual, unexpected, or impossible. For example:
▪ Surprisingly in a freak accident nobody is hurt.
2. A person who has a passion for something, or has excessive knowledge of something.
▪ He is a gadget freak.
3. To cause someone to be overly emotional. Such as to make someone worried, upset, angry, surprised, frightened, or agitated.
▪ My boss freaked when I ask for two days’ leave.
4. The word ‘Freak’ is also used for those whose behavior or appearance is very different from most people.
▪ His friends call him a freak because of his abnormal behavior.
5. Someone or something that is strange or unusual and not like the others.
▪ White people are treated like freaks in black people’s land.
6. A person or animal that is markedly unusual or deformed.
|Freak- English meaning|
|lose one’s nerve|
The word ‘Freak’ acts as a ‘Noun and Verb’.
The past tense of the word ‘Freak’ is ‘Freaked’ and the gerund or present participle is ‘Freaking’.
The plural noun of the word ‘Freak’ is ‘Freaks’.
Sentences that can be formed using the word ‘Freak’ are as follows.
▪ I was freaking out when I saw a snake in my bed.
▪ Generally, the word ‘freak’ is used by the younger generation of people.
▪ You are a freak.
▪ Neat-freak is a person who is compulsively obsessed with cleanliness.
▪ Gadget-freak is a person who is compulsively obsessed with new technology.
▪ Jesus-freak is a person who overtly and obsessively loves Jesus.
▪ You look like a freak.
▪ He is behaving like a freak.
▪ The happened accident freaked him badly.
▪ The freak word is used for strange and crazy things.
▪ ‘Freak’ means someone or something that is markedly unusual or unpredictable.
‘Freak’ other meanings
fitness freak= Someone who is crazy about exercise to keep himself fit
freak out= To be worried, lose one’s nerve, have the jitters
gym freak= Someone who likes to exercise to keep himself fit
control freak= Passion to control oneself and others
fashion freak= Crazy about fashion
travel freak= Passion for traveling
health freak= Passionate about his own health
gadget freak= Passion for new technology and modern electronic equipment
techno freak= Passion for new technology
music freak= Passion for music, crazy for music
freak person= Crazy person, passionate person, eccentric person, obsessive person
shopping freak= Passion for shopping, Craving for shopping.
freak accident= Fatal accident, strange accident
The synonyms of the word ‘Freak’ are as follows.
|go out of one’s mind|
The antonyms of the word ‘Freak’ are as follows.