Gratitude meaning in English: In this article, the meaning of the word ‘Gratitude’ is explained in easy English with examples, along with its synonyms and antonyms.
‘Gratitude‘ pronunciation= gra-tə-tud, gra-tə-tyud
Gratitude meaning in English
‘Gratitude’ is being thankful to someone for what they have done for you.
1. The feeling of thanking someone or expressing indebtedness to someone.
2. ‘Gratitude’ means the state of being grateful towards someone.
|Gratitude- English meaning|
The word ‘Gratitude’ acts as a ‘Noun’.
Sentences that can be formed using the word ‘Gratitude’ are as follows.
▪ People, who practice gratitude benefit in their work and personal life.
▪ Gratitude can improve relations with others.
▪ He sent them a gift to express his gratitude.
▪ Think about the things for which you are truly grateful.
▪ All employees expressed a deep sense of gratitude for the bonus given by the company.
▪ We can express gratitude for people.
▪ I show my gratitude for arranging a small party for us.
▪ I express my gratitude toward my parents for their hard work to raise me.
▪ I express my gratitude to my colleagues for giving me support to complete the project.
▪ A person with gratitude is found to be more social than others.
▪ If someone shows sympathy to us, we should show our gratitude to him.
▪ Regret is stronger than gratitude.
Reasons to practice gratitude
Expressing gratitude towards someone makes you happy, it has been scientifically proven.
▪ It increases the level of satisfaction and positive emotions.
▪ It increases helping behavior.
▪ It deepens relationships by promoting support and bonding.
▪ It lowers negative emotions.
▪ It can help reduce health problems and improves sleep quality.
▪ Relieve stress and anxiety.
▪ Gratitude makes man thoughtful and altruistic.
How to express gratitude in English
You can express your gratitude to someone with this.
▪ Thank you.
▪ Thanks a lot.
▪ Thank you so much.
▪ I am extremely grateful.
▪ I really appreciate that.
The synonyms of the word ‘Gratitude’ are as follows.
The antonyms of the word ‘Gratitude’ are as follows.