Humble meaning in English: In this article, the meaning of the word ‘Humble’ is explained in easy English with examples, along with its synonyms and antonyms.
‘Humble’ pronunciation= ham(b)al
Humble meaning in English
The word ‘Humble’ has different meanings. For example:-
1. ‘Humble person’ is a person who, despite being better than others, is not proud of his own characteristics and considers himself equal to other people, and treats ordinary people with humility.
Example: He is an insanely rich but humble person.
2. To put someone down or break their pride to make them realize that you are not as important or smart as you used to think of yourself.
Example: He every time tries to humble down me for no reason.
3. People and things that are considered very ordinary and unimportant are also called ‘Humble’.
Example: a humble sweeper.
4. Of a lower social, administrative, or political category.
|Humble- English meaning|
The word ‘Humble’ acts as an adjective and a verb.
The past participle of the word ‘Humble’ is ‘Humbled’ and its present participle is ‘Humbling’.
The comparative adjective of the word ‘Humble’ is ‘Humbler’ and its superlative adjective is ‘Humblest’.
Sentences that can be formed using the word ‘Humble’ are as follows.
▪ People always assume that humbles are easy to cheat.
▪ Humble request to all of you, remove your shoes outside.
▪ You are so humble and caring.
▪ My humble request to you.
▪ Be humble, be kind but don’t be cruel.
▪ My boss humbled me in front of my colleagues.
▪ His father is just a humble sweeper.
▪ How to be humble?
▪ It is better to be humble than arrogant in life.
▪ To be humble with everyone is a key to a successful life.
‘Humble’ other meanings
humble man= Polite man
humble person= Not overly proud or arrogant but polite person
humble personality= Polite personality
humble girl= Not overly proud or arrogant but polite girl
being humble= Be courteous
very humble= Very polite
very humble person= Very polite person
humble request= Polite request
humble request to you= Kindly request you
humble submission= Humble surrender
humble submission and respect= Courteous dedication and respect
humble tribute= Courteous tribute
you are so humble= You are so courteous/polite
when you succeed be humble= Be courteous/polite when you are successful
you are humble= You are polite
over humble= Highly courteous or polite
humbly= Gentle way, Submissively
humbling= Degrading, humiliating
The synonyms of the word ‘Humble’ are as follows.
The antonyms of the word ‘Humble’ are as follows.