Individual meaning in English: In this article, the meaning of the word ‘Individual’ is explained in easy English with examples, along with its synonyms and antonyms.
‘Individual’ pronunciation= in-de-ˈvij-wal, in-di-vi-jü-al
Individual meaning in English
‘Individual’ means relating to a single person or thing.
1. A single person who is different from a group of people.
2. The word ‘individual’ means or denotes only one person or thing.
3. Characteristics of a particular person or thing.
4. A single member of a class.
|Individual- English meaning|
|a single person or a single thing|
The word ‘Individual’ functions as a ‘Noun’ and ‘Adjective’.
The plural noun of the word ‘Individual’ is ‘Individuals’.
Sentences that can be formed using the word ‘Individual’ are as follows.
▪ As an individual, he is very arrogant.
▪ I don’t like to share my individual secrets with others.
▪ He is a trustworthy individual.
▪ No individuals claimed on the anonymous luggage.
▪ Every individual must vaccinate during the corona epidemic.
▪ He marked the individual pages of a book for references.
▪ Every individual has their own way of living life.
▪ His helping nature suggests he is a kind individual.
▪ My boss is a selfish and heartless individual.
▪ At the new year party, he greeted every individual.
▪ Surprisingly he knew every individual by his name.
▪ As per the constitution, every individual has a right to follow their religion.
▪ Most of the men in the Christmas party were single individuals.
▪ Polyploid species can arise from a single individual.
▪ He is an unusual individual.
▪ That profession is for intelligent individuals.
▪ I never met that nomadic tribes individuals.
▪ They have individual differences but still are good friends.
▪ They built an individual library for study.
▪ He accepted it as his individual mistake and declared that their colleagues are innocent.
‘Individual’ other meanings
individual person= a person, a single human being
individual personality= relating to one person or thing characteristic
salaried individual= Salaried person
resident individual= A person who mainly resides in one region or jurisdiction
stranded individual= A person stuck somewhere with no way of getting anywhere else
individual differences= Differences among individuals
body of individual= A group of persons who join together for earning income
non-resident individual= A person who stays mainly abroad for employment purposes
individual score= personal score
individual liberty= personal freedom for the person
individual house= single person or family house/home
individual name= A name by which person known
individual behavior= Personal dealings
individual number= Personal number
individual perspective= Personal point of view
individual services= Personal services
The synonyms of the word ‘Individual’ are as follows.
The antonyms of the word ‘Individual’ are as follows.