Latter meaning in English: In this article, the meaning of the word ‘Latter’ is explained in easy English with examples, along with its synonyms and antonyms.
‘Latter’ pronunciation= la-tər, latə
Latter meaning in English
The word ‘Latter’ refers to the second of the two things or persons or incidents mentioned.
1. The word ‘Latter’ is used to describe the subsequent part of an event.
2. Relating to the end.
|Latter- English meaning|
The word ‘Latter’ acts as an adjective.
Sentences that can be formed using the word ‘Latter’ are as follows.
▪ The latter half of the movie is quite boring.
▪ The marriage decision after the divorce was his latter option.
▪ Sara is the daughter of a latter wife of Rocky.
▪ John is the son of a latter husband of Julie.
▪ In the latter period of British rule India adopt democracy.
▪ The latter part of October month was extremely hot.
▪ In the latter half of his life, he embraced the Christian religion.
▪ From the two choices, they selected the latter one.
▪ The latter part of the agreement was most important.
▪ The former movies of Shahrukh Khans were more popular than the latter.
▪ The prices of gold should fall in the latter half of this month.
‘Latter’ other meanings
latter option= Subsequent option
latter day= The day after
latter half= Next part
latter part= Subsequent part
latter case= Subsequent case
latter rain= Subsequent rain
daughter of latter= Subsequent daughter
son of latter= Subsequent son
latter period= Later period
The synonyms of the word ‘Latter’ are as follows.
The antonyms of the word ‘Latter’ are as follows.