Mentor meaning in English: In this article, the meaning of the word ‘Mentor’ is explained in easy English with examples, along with its synonyms and antonyms.
‘Mentor’ pronunciation= men-tor, men-tər
Mentor meaning in English
‘Mentor’ is an experienced person with expertise in a company or educational institution or art field or any other field who trains and advises new candidates.
The meaning of the word ‘Mentor’ as a ‘Noun’ is as follows.
1. A wise and reliable advisor or teacher.
2. A person who helps or assists people professionally.
3. An experienced person who gives guidance and advice to a less experienced person.
The meaning of the word ‘Mentor’ as a ‘Verb’ is as follows.
1. To advise and guide someone with little experience to progress in his/her work.
|to give advice|
The word ‘Mentor’ acts as a Noun and Verb.
The past tense of the word ‘Mentor’ is ‘Mentored’ and the present participle is ‘Mentoring’.
The plural noun of the word ‘Mentor’ is ‘Mentors’.
Sentences that can be formed using the word ‘Mentor’ are as follows.
▪ My friend learned from his mentor how to portray portraits.
▪ As a mentor, he gets great respect from his students.
▪ I really consider him a mentor in a lot of regards.
▪ He is a failed mentor nobody believes his guidance.
▪ I met my first mentor when I was in college, he changed me completely.
▪ I’ve had several mentors over the years and learned a large number of valuable lessons from each and every one of them.
▪ One mentor is not enough if you want to be successful in life.
▪ Ramesh wants to be a carpenter, so he is in search of a mentor who can teach him.
▪ The mentor must have a certain area of expertise, to guide someone.
▪ Sachin Tendulkar is a friend and mentor to many young cricketers.
▪ He is my mentor and I am his mentee.
‘Mentor’ other meanings
mentee= The person to whom the consultant gives advice.
my mentor= My guide, my advisor
to be someone’s mentor= To be someone’s teacher
mentor teacher= Guiding teacher, preceptor teacher
mentor advisor= Consultant, counselior
make me mentor= Make me master
The synonyms of the word ‘Mentor’ are as follows.
The antonyms of the word ‘Mentor’ are as follows.