Moderate meaning in English: In this article, the meaning of the word ‘Moderate’ is explained in easy English with examples, along with its synonyms and antonyms.
‘Moderate’ pronunciation= mod-rate
Moderate meaning in English
‘Moderate’ means ‘Average’.
Average means at least a little more and more than very little. A medium amount that is neither large nor small.
The word ‘Moderate’ has more than one meaning.
1. Something that is average or limited in quantity or quality.
Example-1: Moderate amounts of air pollution can also be harmful to health.
Example-2: The moderate wind is blowing today.
2. Something that is neither too much nor too little.
Example: Moderate flame consumes more gas than high flame.
3. The word ‘Moderate’ is also used to indicate to reduce or control any intensity.
Example: He moderated his unhealthy food eating habit.
4. Moderate or liberal approach.
Example: He is a man of moderate views.
|Moderate- English meaning
|balanced minded person|
The word ‘Moderate’ acts as an adjective, noun, and verb.
The past tense of the word ‘Moderate’ is ‘Moderated’ and the present participle is ‘Moderating’.
The plural noun of the word ‘Moderate’ is ‘Moderates’.
Sentences that can be formed using the word ‘Moderate’ are as follows.
▪ Air pollution is moderate so not harmful to most people.
▪ Moderate air quality can be unhealthy for people who are very sensitive to air pollution.
▪ He was admitted to the hospital for a moderate heart attack problem.
▪ She cooked food on a moderate flame for better taste.
▪ I can afford the rent of a moderate size room only.
▪ He is a moderate quantity drinker and smoker.
▪ Even moderate amounts of alcohol consumption or smoking tobacco can be dangerous to health.
▪ He is a moderate man.
▪ The moderate phase (1885-1905) and extremist phase (1906-1919) were two eras of the Indian freedom struggle.
▪ He got only moderate success in business though of his hard work.
▪ Surprisingly the police inspector talked in a moderate tone with thieves.
▪ The rain is moderate today.
▪ He changed his talking tone from aggravating to moderate in front of children.
▪ He learned to moderate his anger.
▪ He moderated his unnecessary expenses.
▪ He moderated his daily smoking habit.
▪ He successfully moderated a quarrel between two brothers.
‘Moderate’ other meanings
moderate rain= Medium rain, Average rain
moderate rainfall= Average rain
moderate rainfall warning= Average rain warning
moderate risk= Medium risk
moderate climate= Average climate, Liberal climate
moderate ascites= Medium ascites
moderate infection= Medium infection
mild to moderate= Gentle to medium
mild to moderate pain= Gentle to medium pain
mild to moderate hypertension= Gentle to medium hypertension
mild to moderate respiratory illness= Gentle to medium respiratory disease
easy to moderate= Easy to medium
air quality moderate= Medium air quality, Average air quality
religious moderate= Religious liberal
just moderate= Just medium, Just average
white moderate= Medium white, Average white
female moderate= Liberal female
family values moderate= Liberal family values
moderate viral= Medium viral
moderate values= Average values
moderate risk of infection= Medium risk of infection
moderate family= Liberal family
moderate pain= Medium pain
moderate temperature= Medium temperature
moderate pace= Medium pace, Average pace
moderate fog= Medium fog
moderate Muslim= Liberal Muslim
moderate weather= Medium weather, Average weather
password is moderate= password is average
moderate disease= Average disease
moderate person= Liberal person
moderate vs conservative= Liberal vs conservative
moderate political views= Liberal political views
moderately severe= Average severe
mild to moderate pulmonary hypertension= Gentle to medium pulmonary hypertension
mild to moderate hypertension treatment= Gentle to medium hypertension treatment
The synonyms of the word ‘Moderate’ are as follows.
|keep under control|
The antonyms of the word ‘Moderate’ are as follows.