Monastery meaning in English: In this article, the meaning of the word ‘Monastery’ is explained in easy English with examples, along with its synonyms and antonyms.
‘Monastery’ pronunciation= mon-as-tery, ma-nə-ˌster-e, monəst(ə)ri
Monastery meaning in English
‘Monastery’ means a building or mansion where the monk community lives.
|Monastery- English meaning
The word ‘Monastery’ acts as a ‘Noun’.
The plural noun of the word ‘Monastery’ is ‘Monasteries’.
Sentences that can be formed using the word ‘Monastery’ are as follows.
▪ Buddhist monks stayed in monasteries during the rainy season.
▪ His brother is the head of one of the famous Buddhist monasteries.
▪ The monastery was built on mountains for the meditation of monks.
▪ Have you visited any monastery yet?
▪ Tawang Buddhist Monastery is Indias large and the world’s second-largest monastery.
▪ I am frequently staying in a Buddhist monastery to learn buddhas teaching.
▪ In ancient times monasteries were the center of religion spreading.
▪ Hindu monasteries prohibited non-Hindu people from entering into their monasteries.
▪ Ancient Buddhist monasteries are a national heritage as per the Indian government.
▪ In today’s modern world, ancient monasteries are starting to lose their importance.
‘Monastery’ other meanings
monastery life= Monastic life
monastery system= Monastic system
monastery teaching= Monastic teaching
The synonyms of the word ‘Monastery’ are as follows.
The antonyms of the word ‘Monastery’ are as follows.