Nostalgia meaning in English: In this article, the meaning of the word ‘Nostalgia’ is explained in easy English with examples, along with its synonyms and antonyms.
‘Nostalgia’ pronunciation= na-stal-jə, no-staldʒə
Nostalgia meaning in English
‘Nostalgia’ means when you think about your past, there is a feeling of happiness in the mind along with some sadness.
1. Having fond memories or attachments to things from the past.
2. Get emotional thinking of old memories.
3. the memory of home that becomes a disease.
4. Recollection of a period in the past.
5. Memory of bygone times.
6. Affectionate feeling for the past memories.
7. Longing for home or family (homesickness).
|Nostalgia- English meaning|
The word ‘Nostalgia’ acts as a ‘Noun’.
The plural noun of the word ‘Nostalgia’ is ‘Nostalgias’.
Sentences that can be formed using the word ‘Nostalgia’ are as follows.
▪ I feel nostalgia for my college days.
▪ Watching my childhood photos brings up nostalgia.
▪ I felt nostalgia to see my college friends.
▪ He feels nostalgia for his late beloved wife.
▪ When I see my ex-girlfriend, I feel nostalgia.
▪ He came back from abroad because of his family’s nostalgia.
▪ Sometimes acute nostalgia is the cause of depression also.
▪ He is nostalgic about his past prosperous days.
▪ Home nostalgia hit him badly when he was in the hospital.
▪ His late father’s photo makes his nostalgia.
▪ He felt a wave of nostalgia for his young days.
‘Nostalgia’ other meanings
nostalgia for the past= Fondly of past time and memories
nostalgia hitting hard= Hard-hitting of old memories
nostalgia is a seductive liar= Memory of bygone time is a seductive liar
nostalgia pictures= Old memories pictures
nostalgia trip= Affectionate feeling for the past memories.
nostalgia off= Away from old memories
The synonyms of the word ‘Nostalgia’ are as follows.
The antonyms of the word ‘Nostalgia’ are as follows.