Pathetic meaning in English: In this article, the meaning of the word ‘Pathetic’ is explained in easy English with examples, along with its synonyms and antonyms.
‘Pathetic’ pronunciation= pa-the-tik
Pathetic meaning in English
The word ‘pathetic’ denotes two different feelings.
1. To feel sympathy or pity for someone.
Pathetic person or animal means that they are sad and weak or helpless, and they make you feel very sorry for them.
2. Feeling annoyed or disappointed with someone.
This means that they make you feel impatient or angry, often because they are weak or not very good.
|Pathetic- English meaning|
The word ‘pathetic’ is an adjective.
Sentences that can be formed using the word ‘Pathetic’ are as follows.
▪ I know it is pathetic.
▪ Hard time makes man pathetic.
▪ It was pathetic to see people dying from the corona.
▪ He blamed his teammates for the team’s pathetic performance.
▪ The old beggar looked so pathetic that I offered him food.
▪ His excuses of coming late to the office every day were very pathetic.
▪ I almost cry after hearing his life’s pathetic story.
▪ His pathetic time started already.
▪ What a pathetic dress she wore at the party.
▪ Bad time can change a brave man into a pathetic man.
▪ His physical condition was pathetic after the accident.
▪ The situation was more pathetic than my imagination.
▪ The lead actor dancing and acting in the movie were very pathetic.
‘Pathetic’ other meanings
pathetic fallacy= Hopeless deception, sensory defect
pathetic scene= Hopeless scene, heart-moving scene
pathetic time= Bad time, Hopeless time, heart-moving time
pathetic approach= Hopeless attitude, bad attitude, heart-moving attitude
pathetic dance= Disappointed dance, Hopeless dance
pathetic friend= Hopeless friend, bad friend
pathetic person= Hopeless person, bad person, heart-warming person
pathetic joke= Hopeless joke
pathetic failure= Bad failure
you are so pathetic= You are so hopeless
pathetic loser= Very badly defeated one
pathetic thinking= Hopeless thinking, bad thinking
absolutely pathetic= Fully hopeless
it’s pathetic= It’s hopeless
you are pathetic= You are hopeless
pathetic girl= Hopeless girl
pathetic fellow= Hopeless fellow
pathetic full= Fully hopeless, completely embarrassing
pathetic day= Hopeless day, frustrating day, heart-moving day
The synonyms of the word ‘Pathetic’ are as follows.
The antonyms of the word ‘Pathetic’ are as follows.