Proprietor meaning in English: In this article, the meaning of the word ‘Proprietor’ is explained in easy English with examples, along with its synonyms and antonyms.
‘Proprietor’ pronunciation= praˈpraiata, pra-pri-a-tar
Proprietor meaning in English
‘Proprietor’ means a person who invests his money and labor in a business, in return, bears all the profits and losses of the business.
✔ The legal owner of a hotel, company, shop, or business is called ‘Proprietor’.
|Proprietor- English meaning
The word ‘Proprietor’ acts as a ‘Noun’.
The plural noun of the word ‘Proprietor’ is ‘Proprietors’.
Sentences that can be formed using the word ‘Proprietor’ are as follows.
▪ He is the proprietor of this hotel.
▪ The proprietor of this Toy shop was my classmate.
▪ After purchasing this hotel now I am the sole proprietor of it.
▪ The proprietor of the company announced a bonus for the workers.
▪ After his father’s death, he became the proprietor of their newspaper company.
▪ The man claimed in court that he is the sole proprietor of his uncle’s shop.
▪ My father is the proprietor of a jewelry-making company.
▪ Shareholders are the proprietor of cooperative companies.
▪ Apple mobile company proprietor is from America.
▪ The new proprietor of the company is ambitious.
‘Proprietor’ other meanings
sole proprietor= Sole owner, absolute owner
female proprietor= Boss Lady
proprietor firm= Owner firm
proprietor name= Owner’s name
proprietor life= Boss Life
landed proprietor= Landlord, landowner
proprietor photo= Owner’s photo
proprietorship= Ownership, dominion
media proprietor= Media owner
garage proprietor= Garage owner
peasant proprietor= Farmer owner
The synonyms of the word ‘Proprietor’ are as follows.
The antonyms of the word ‘Proprietor’ are as follows.