Purpose meaning in English: In this article, the meaning of the word ‘Purpose’ is explained in easy English with examples, along with its synonyms and antonyms.
‘Purpose’ pronunciation= pər-pəs, pə-pəs
Purpose meaning in English
‘Purpose’ means the cause or reason to motivate to do any action.
1. Intention to achieve something.
2. Any important cause or aim for which work is done.
3. The ability to set a goal and work hard to achieve it.
|Purpose- English meaning|
The word ‘Purpose’ acts as a Noun and Verb.
The past tense of the word ‘Purpose’ is ‘Purposed’ and the present participle is ‘Purposing’.
The plural noun of the word ‘Purpose’ is ‘Purposes’.
Sentences that can be formed using the word ‘Purpose’ are as follows.
▪ The purpose of our life is to keep others happy.
▪ What is the primary purpose of your Europe trip?
▪ The pharmaceutical company introduces its all-purpose healing cream into the market.
▪ What is your purpose behind this conspiracy?
▪ He purposely did this to gain sympathy.
▪ There is a definite purpose for this.
▪ My purpose behind being a doctor is to serve society.
▪ They failed to meet the purpose of the meeting.
▪ I can see no purpose in continuing my study.
▪ This product will serve my purposes though it’s not as per my expectation.
▪ All my efforts were to no purpose.
▪ The purpose of charitable trust is to help needy people.
‘Purpose’ other meanings
main purpose= key objective
commercial purpose= Providing goods or services for personal use to customers in exchange for money
domestic purpose= Domestic purpose is associated with the occupation of a dwelling-house
glorious purpose= Noble objective, Kingly goal
business purpose= Commercial intention
collateral purpose= Auxiliary Purpose, Additional Purpose, Ancillary Purpose
primary purpose= Main objective, the major intention
the primary purpose of your trip= the main intention of your trip
serve the purpose= Something helpful to complete your motive
the tenacity of purpose= The persistence of motive
all-purpose= All motive
distinct purpose= Specific objective
academic purpose= Educational objective
purpose me= My aim
The purpose of our life is to be happy= Aim our life is to be happy.
The synonyms of the word ‘Purpose’ are as follows.
The antonyms of the word ‘Purpose’ are as follows.