Quite meaning in English: In this article, the meaning of the word ‘Quite’ is explained in easy English with examples, along with its synonyms and antonyms.
‘Quite’ pronunciation= kwait
Quite meaning in English
‘Quite’ means to a large extent or wholly or to a certain extent.
1. The word ‘Quite’ is used to emphasize what is being said.
2. The word ‘Quite’ is also used to indicate that a person or thing is very impressive or unusual.
3. The word ‘Quite’ is also used to express one’s consent with someone.
|Quite- English meaning|
|not a little|
|as a whole|
|to a large extent|
The word ‘Quite’ acts as an adverb.
Sentences that can be formed using the word ‘Quite’ are as follows.
▪ I am quite well, uncle.
▪ The movie is quite well actually.
▪ I am quite often going to the library to read books.
▪ I am quite busy now please call me later.
▪ His personality is quite impressive.
▪ His home is quite far from the railway station.
▪ He is a quite good-looking young man.
▪ Your handwriting is quite good.
▪ It’s quite difficult to explain the existence of God.
▪ She is quite an interesting woman.
▪ His nature is quite opposite of his father.
▪ The parents were quite upset with their children’s behavior.
▪ He is quite angry with his family members.
‘Quite’ other meanings
so quite= So much
quite well= Well enough
quite well, thanks= Very good, thank you
quite well actually= Really very good
quite often= Frequently
quite busy= Enough busy
quite impressive= Fully impressive
not quite= Not enough
not quite very nearly= Not too close
not quite yet= Not yet
not quite any of these= None of these
quite far= Far enough away
quite far from here= Far from here
quite far from me= Far away from me
quite good= Fairly good
quite difficult= Enough difficult
quite urgent= Enough urgent
quite silent= Enough silent
quite obvious= Enough obvious
quite hectic= Enough hectic
quite authentic= Enough authentic
quite interesting= Enough interesting
quite up= High enough
quite upset= Enough upset
quite angry= Very angry
The synonyms of the word ‘Quite’ are as follows.
The antonyms of the word ‘Quite’ are as follows.