Rebuke Meaning in English: In this article, the meaning of the word ‘Rebuke’ is explained in simple English with examples, along with its synonyms and antonyms.
‘Rebuke’ pronunciation= ri-byuk
Rebuke Meaning in English
If you ‘Rebuke’ somebody means you angrily criticize them or express your sharp disapproval of them (someone) because of objectionable things that someone else has done.
Rebuke is sharp or stern criticism.
✔ Rebuke can be a ‘Noun’.
1. An act or expression of harsh criticism and disapproval.
2. Sharp negative response to something.
✔ Rebuke can be a ‘Verb’.
1. To harshly criticize another person because of their objectionable thing, behavior, actions, or wrongdoing.
|a harsh criticism|
|A strong expression of disapproval
|to criticize harshly|
|criticize harshly to correct|
|to criticize a particular act|
The word ‘Rebuke’ can be ‘Noun’ or ‘Verb’.
The past tense and past participle of the word ‘Rebuke’ is “Rebuked” and the gerund or present participle is ‘Rebuking’.
The plural noun of ‘Rebuke’ is ‘Rebukes’.
Sentences that can be formed using the word ‘Rebuke’ are as follows.
▪ She rebuked me.
▪ She rebuked him.
▪ I rebuke you.
▪ He rebuked kings for their sake.
▪ He rebukes those he loves.
▪ He rebuked me.
▪ He said, why do you rebuke me?
▪ I rebuke you in name of Jesus.
▪ Rebuke the devil in prayer with god.
▪ Rebuke satan and he will flee.
▪ I was rebuked by my boss for being late.
▪ It shall be a rebuke and a stumbling.
▪ Rebuke the devil and he shall flee.
▪ The teacher refused to tender an apology for rebuking students.
▪ He is still smarting dash rebuke.
▪ Who rebuked king David for killing Uriah?
▪ King David was rebuked by Nathan.
▪ Samuel rebukes king saul.
▪ Elijah rebuked king Ahab.
▪ How do you politely rebuke someone?
▪ They which went before rebuked him.
▪ He was rebuked by the neighbors.
▪ He was annoyed at being rebuked.
▪ Rebuked job for saying he was righteous.
▪ Jesus rebukes the Apostles for their unbelief and hardness of heart.
▪ Police rebuke protesters for wrongdoing.
The synonyms of the word ‘Rebuke’ are as follows.
The antonyms of the word ‘Rebuke’ are as follows.