Regime meaning in English: In this article, the meaning of the word ‘Regime’ is explained in easy English with examples, along with its synonyms and antonyms.
‘Regime’ pronunciation= ri-jem, rei-zim
Regime meaning in English
‘Regime’ means the government in power.
1. The period of rule of the government in power.
2. An ordered way of running things like an institution, company, economy, etc., or a system of governance.
|Regime- English meaning|
|period of rule
|system of government|
The word ‘Regime’ is a Noun.
The plural noun of the word ‘Regime’ is ‘Regimes’.
Sentences that can be formed using the word ‘Regime’ are as follows.
▪ Are Afghan women safe under the Taliban regime?
▪ The Buddhist religion spread worldwide during the regime of King Ashoka.
▪ Please, tell me about Export Control Regimes.
▪ In ancient times people have followed an illogical regime of kings.
▪ King Ashoka’s regime was a golden period of Indian history.
▪ The regime of a cruel king was overthrown by oppressed people.
▪ A new economic regime has been developed to remove poverty by the government.
▪ A new tax regime is better than the old tax regime.
▪ The current government regime is far superior to the previous government.
▪ Regime means the system, management, and establishment.
▪ The British regime was in India for 150 years.
▪ Anyone who opposed the British regime was sent to jail.
▪ Indian people saw a regime of congress party for 70 years.
‘Regime’ other meanings
old regime= Old system, old governance, old government
tax regime= Tax system, tax governance
apartheid regime= A former policy of racial segregation and discrimination for non-white people in the field of political, social, economic, etc.
fascist regime= A totalitarian governmental system led by a dictator who rules forcefully
racist regime= Government that favors only a particular race
authoritarian regime= Authoritarian regimes give certain individual freedoms to citizens
totalitarian regime= Totalitarian regime has total control over the lives and freedoms of citizens
river regime= River system
new tax regime= New tax system
fitness regime= Rules about food and exercise that some people follow in order to stay healthy.
conservative regime= The conservative regimes did not tolerate criticism and dissent and attacked the activities that questioned the legitimacy of autocratic governments. Which seeks to promote and preserve traditional social institutions. The conservatives imposed Censorship laws to control what was said in newspapers, books, plays, and songs.
ancien regime= Ancient rule, state system of France before the revolution
diet regime= Plan of diet, therapy, or medication especially when designed to improve and maintain the health
new regime= A system of government or a particular administration
flow regime= A flow regime is essentially a description of the flow structure or distribution of one fluid phase relative to the other.
initial regime= Initial rule
hybrid regime= Hybrid regime is a mixed type of political hybrid system, that combine democratic traits
zionist regime= An international movement or political movement for national resettlement of the Jews in Palestine in their homeland. Zionism is about the pursuit of an independent Jewish state. A Zionist is a follower of Zionism.
dictatorial regime= Government in which a single leader or a small group of leaders possesses absolute power without effective constitutional limitations.
military regime= A military regime is a form of government wherein the political power resides with the armed forces.
factors affecting river regimes= Factors Affecting River System
The synonyms of the word ‘Regime’ are as follows.
The antonyms of the word ‘Regime’ are as follows.