Repatriation meaning in English: In this article, the meaning of the word ‘Repatriation’ is explained in simple English with examples, along with its synonyms and antonyms.
‘Repatriation’ pronunciation= ri-patri-eis(a)n, ri-peitri-eis(a)n
Repatriation meaning in English
‘Repatriation’ means the return of someone to their own country.
1. The process of returning a person to their country of origin or citizenship.
2. Money earned in a foreign country, send back to one’s own country.
3. ‘Repatriation’ means moving profits from one country to another.
4. ‘Repatriation’ is a process of returning back from an international assignment to a home county after completing the assignment or some other issues.
5. ‘Repatriation generally refers to the termination of the overseas assignment and coming back to the home country or the county where the headquarter is located or to the home subsidiary from where the employee was expatriated.
The word ‘Repatriation’ acts as a ‘Noun’.
The plural noun of the word ‘Repatriation’ is ‘Repatriations’.
Sentences that can be formed using the word ‘Repatriation’ are as follows.
▪ ‘Repatriation’ is the process of returning a person to their place of origin or citizenship country.
▪ ‘Repatriation’ also refers to the process of converting a foreign currency into the currency of one’s own country.
▪ According to contemporary international law, prisoners of war and refugees can refuse repatriation.
▪ ‘Repatriation’ refers to the termination of overseas assignments and coming back to the home country.
▪ ‘Digital repatriation’ is the return of items of cultural heritage in a digital format to the communities, from which they originated.
▪ ‘Repatriation’ amount exceeds rs. 5 lakhs in a financial year and no exemptions are sought.
▪ Repatriation is not chargeable to tax under the provisions of income tax act.
▪ Currency conversion charges applicable at the time of repatriation.
▪ The voluntary repatriation of refugees.
▪ The involuntary repatriation of refugees.
▪ There is a higher likelihood that repatriation this time around would create good economic growth.
‘Repatriation’ other meanings
voluntary repatriation= Desire expressed by an eligible person to return to his homeland.
involuntary repatriation= With no other option left, the return of refugees and prisoners of war to their country of origin.
repatriation of mortal remains= Return of mortal remains to his homeland.
The synonyms of the word ‘Repatriation’ are as follows.
The antonyms of the word ‘Repatriation’ are as follows.