Rest meaning in English: In this article, the meaning of the word ‘Rest’ is explained in easy English with examples, along with its synonyms and antonyms.
‘Rest’ pronunciation= rest
Rest meaning in English
The word ‘Rest‘ has more than one meaning.
1. To rest or be in a state of rest.
Example: He is resting a lot during the holidays.
2. The remainder of something.
Example: The rest of the juice we kept in a fridge.
3. Taking someone’s support.
Example: He resting his head on the table.
4. To depend on someone.
Example: The child is fully rested on his mother for food.
5. To be dead.
Example: The monk’s soul may rest in peace.
|Rest- English meaning
|take one’s ease|
|to be dependent on|
The word ‘Rest’ acts as a Noun and Verb.
The past tense of the word ‘Rest’ is ‘Rested’ and the present participle is ‘Resting’.
The plural noun of the word ‘Rest’ is ‘Rests’.
Sentences that can be formed using the word ‘Rest’ are as follows.
▪ Rest assured and don’t be panic otherwise things get complicated.
▪ Mindset is what separates the best from the rest.
▪ I am taking a rest.
▪ You should take a rest now.
▪ Keep calm and let karma do the rest.
▪ ‘Rest in peace’ is mostly written on the grave.
▪ A cut above the rest.
▪ Have some rest now.
▪ For the rest of my life, I earned enough money.
▪ I want to take a rest now.
▪ I am taking a rest now.
▪ I need to take a rest now.
▪ His soul may rest in peace.
▪ Let me rest for a while.
▪ The tree did not fall in cyclone because it rested on a vertical wall.
▪ I am fully rested on my parents for money.
▪ The rest of Europe is caught by cold.
▪ The rest of the world can wait but not me.
▪ Where are the rest of your books?
‘Rest’ other meanings
rest assured= to be certain or confident on something
rest assured that= to be confident on that
rest assured that we have= be confident that we have
Rest assured my dear friend= be certain my dear friend
take rest= be relax
take rest now= relax now
take rest dear= relax dear
bed rest= be relaxed on the bed
rest house= small hotel or house for travelers accommodation
restrooms= toilet, lavatory
rest laid= be relax
You should take a rest= you should relax
take some rest= take some relaxation
take some rest first= be relaxed first
rest of New York= remaining part of New York
rest in peace= the hope of dead person’s soul has found peace after death
lay to rest= to bury, to lay in the grave
restless= not able to be relaxed due to some worry
rest work= leisure work
rested well= relaxed well
rest of the world= remaining part of the world
forget the rest= forget the remaining
rest of India= the remaining part of India
rest is history= the remaining is history
let me rest a little= let me relax a little
The synonyms of the word ‘Rest’ are as follows.
|take a nap
|take it easy
The antonyms of the word ‘Rest’ are as follows.