Revenue meaning in English: In this article, the meaning of the word ‘Revenue’ is explained in easy English with examples, along with its synonyms and antonyms.
‘Revenue’ pronunciation= re-və-nu, re-va-nyu
Revenue meaning in English
1. ‘Revenue’ means the regular income received by the Government in the form of taxes.
2. ‘Revenue’ means any organization or company which earns regular income from business activities.
|Revenue- English meaning|
The word ‘Revenue’ acts as a ‘Noun’.
The plural noun of the word ‘Revenue’ is ‘Revenues’.
Sentences that can be formed using the word ‘Revenue’ are as follows.
▪ Government revenues fell drastically in the corona epidemic due to lockdown.
▪ The government applied different measures to increase its revenue.
▪ To generate more revenue company introduced new products in the market.
▪ Continue loss in revenue made an impact on company profit.
▪ The government collects most of its revenue from taxes.
▪ The revenue department issued notices to tax defaulters.
▪ This year company earned more revenue than the last year.
▪ The government has been losing liquor revenue cause of the corona lockdown.
▪ The newspaper earned most of its revenue from the advertisement.
▪ The electronic company expects revenue of Rs 100 crore from the sale of washing machines.
‘Revenue’ other meanings
company revenue= Company income, Total income earned by the company without deducting expenditure
total revenue= Total income
tax revenue= Tax revenue is the income gained by the government through taxation.
revenue department= ‘Revenue department’ relates to the collection of Direct Taxes.
revenue expenditure= ‘Revenue Expenditure’ is part of the expenditure that does not result in the creation of assets. Revenue expenditure includes salaries, wages, pensions, etc.
revenue deficit= Revenue deficit means that its income cannot cover its expenditure, Revenue loss
earned revenue= The total income earned without deducting expenditure.
inland revenue= Income from taxes on inland trade
The synonyms of the word ‘Revenue’ are as follows.
The antonyms of the word ‘Revenue’ are as follows.