Sacred meaning in English: In this article, the meaning of the word ‘Sacred’ is explained in easy English with examples, along with its synonyms and antonyms.
‘Sacred’ pronunciation= seikrid
Sacred meaning in English
‘Sacred’ means anything associated with and having a special relationship with God or religion, which is revered.
|Sacred- English meaning|
The word ‘Sacred’ acts as an ‘Adjective’.
Sentences that can be formed using the word ‘Sacred’ are as follows.
▪ I have sacred water of the Ganga river.
▪ Ganga is the sacred river of Hindus.
▪ Bhagavat Gita is the sacred book of Hindus.
▪ Bible is the sacred book of Christians.
▪ Mecca is a sacred place for Muslims.
▪ Kashi is a sacred place for Hindus.
▪ Bodh Gaya is the most sacred place for Buddhists.
▪ Jerusalem is a sacred place for Jews, Muslims, and Christians.
▪ The cow is a sacred animal for Hindus.
▪ Basil is a sacred plant for Hindus because of its medicinal properties.
▪ The Agamas is a sacred book of Jainism.
▪ The Tripitaka is a sacred book of Buddhism.
▪ The Avesta is a sacred book of Parsis.
▪ Om is a sacred chant of Hindus.
‘Sacred’ other meanings
sacred groves= Holy garden
sacred games= Holy game
sacred thread= Holy thread, religious thread
sacred book= Holy book, religious book, scripture
sacred heart= Holy Heart
sacred river= Holy river, religious river
sacred piercing= Religious piercing
sacred fire= Sacred fire, pious fire
feeling sacred= To feel holy
sacred ash= Holy ash
sacred basil= Pious basil, holy basil
sacred text= Holy text, religious text
sacred writing= Holy writing
sacred place= Holy place, religious place
is nothing sacred= Nothing is holy
sacred cow= Holy cow
sacred months= Holy months, religious months
sacred water= Holy water, pious water
transgress the sacred limits of Allah= Violation of the holy limits of Allah
sacred knowledge= Holy knowledge, religious knowledge, pious knowledge
sacred fruits= Holy fruits
sacred food= Holy food, Pious food
sacred syllable om= Holy syllable om
The synonyms of the word ‘Sacred’ are as follows.
The antonyms of the word ‘Sacred’ are as follows.