Seems meaning in English: In this article, the meaning of the word ‘Seems’ is explained in easy English with examples, along with its synonyms and antonyms.
‘Seems‘ pronunciation = si-ms
Seems meaning in English
1. ‘Seems’ means to give the impression of being something or to give the impression of having a particular quality.
2. ‘Seems’ means may or may not be, nothing is certain.
|Seems- English meaning|
‘Seems’ word is formed by applying ‘S’ to ‘Seem’. ‘Seem’ is the keyword of ‘Seem’s’.
The word ‘Seem’ acts as a ‘Verb’.
|Seem- English meaning|
The word ‘Seems’ acts as an ‘Action verb’.
When ‘S’ is added to ‘Seem’, it becomes ‘Seems’.
‘Seems’ is third-person singular. The third person would be the one about whom the first and second person talks.
‘He’ and ‘She’ is the third person singular. ‘Seems’ are used with these.
▪ He seems arrogant.
(He appears to be arrogant which means he may or may not be arrogant, nothing can be said with certainty.)
▪ Sujit seems upset.
▪ The Dog seems angry.
▪ The soup seems to be cold.
▪ He seems to be a doctor.
▪ The house seems to be strong.
▪ She seems to be their mother.
▪ It seems like their marriage is over.
▪ He seems to be their coach.
▪ The man seating on the chair seems to be the owner of the company.
▪ It seems to rain all the time here.
▪ It seems no one is at the home.
▪ It seems he will not live more.
The synonyms of the word ‘Seems’ are as follows.
|Looks to be|
The antonyms of the word ‘Seems’ are as follows.
Use of ‘seemingly’
Seemingly is an adverb.
An adverb that tells you something about an adjective.
|appears to be|
‘Seemingly’ means trying to make something look special but not actually be like it.
▪ He is seemingly strict with his children.
(He seems to be very strict with his kids but in reality, he is not.)
▪ He is seemingly nice.
(He seems to be good-natured but in reality, he is not.)
By applying ‘seemingly’ the meaning of the sentence changes.