Seldom meaning in English: In this article, the meaning of the word ‘Seldom’ is explained in easy English with examples, along with its synonyms and antonyms.
‘Seldom’ pronunciation= seldəm, sel-dəm
Seldom meaning in English
‘Seldom’ means something that happens rarely.
1. Something that does not happen commonly or does not take place often.
|Seldom- English meaning|
|now and then|
The word ‘Seldom’ acts as an adverb.
Sentences that can be formed using the word ‘Seldom’ are as follows.
▪ Now in the corona epidemic, children seldom get the chance to go out to play.
▪ I have seldom gone to my village for the last 6 years.
▪ There is seldom snowfall in India except in Jammu and Kashmir.
▪ I seldom smoke a cigarette.
▪ I seldom speak with my son about his study.
▪ I seldom ask my wife what is for dinner.
▪ He seldom uses his bicycle.
▪ We seldom use bad language in the office.
▪ I had seldom seen anything like Tajmahal before.
▪ My parents have seldom been at home for the last two months.
▪ An old seldom used bungalow collapsed last night in heavy rain.
▪ I have seldom seen such a tall building in my village.
‘Seldom’ other meanings
seldom bite= Rarely bites
barking dogs seldom bite= Barking dogs do not bite.
seldom time= Rarely time
seldom love= Rarely love
seldom feel blue= Hardly ever feel blue
seldom make history= Hardly ever make history
seldom seen= Rarely seen
seldomly= Hardly ever, rarely
seldom fatal= Rarely fatal
very seldom= Sometimes
seldom drinkable= Rarely drinkable
social seldom= Rarely social
seldom if ever= Hardly ever
The synonyms of the word ‘Seldom’ are as follows.
|once in a while|
The antonyms of the word ‘Seldom’ are as follows.