Shrine meaning in English: In this article, the meaning of the word ‘Shrine’ is explained in easy English with examples, along with its synonyms and antonyms.
‘Shrine’ pronunciation= srain, shrīn
Shrine meaning in English
1. ‘Shrine’ means a place considered sacred due to its association with religion.
2. The vessel in which the holy ashes of the saint are kept, that place.
3. Tomb or mausoleum built in honor of the deceased.
|Shrine- English meaning
|place of pilgrimage|
|place of worship|
The word ‘Shrine’ acts as a ‘Noun’.
The past tense of the word ‘Shrine’ is ‘Shrined’ and the present participle is ‘Shrining’.
The plural noun of the word ‘Shrine’ is ‘Shrines’.
Sentences that can be formed using the word ‘Shrine’ are as follows.
▪ Kashi is the shrine place of the Hindu people.
▪ Mecca is the holy shrine of Muslims.
▪ People make prayers at shrines.
▪ The shrines are the holy place for religious people.
▪ He built the shrine of his late father.
▪ Tajmahal is the shrine of king Shenshah’s wife.
▪ There is a new golden statue in the shrine.
▪ In India, there are roadside shrines every other kilometer.
▪ Amarnath is the shrine of lord shiva.
▪ There are lots of Christian shrines around the world.
‘Shrine’ other meanings
shrine board= Shrine Committee, Temple Committee
shrine area= Pilgrimage area, holy place
shrine place= Place of pilgrimage, holy place
shrine girl= Holy Girl
household shrine= Domestic temple
shrine love= Holy love
shrine life= Holy life
shrine man= Holy man
holy shrine= Sacred religious place
serpent shrine= Snake temple
shrine room= Pilgrimage hall
new shrine= New pilgrimage area, a new pilgrimage place
shrine number= Pilgrimage area number
The synonyms of the word ‘Shrine’ are as follows.
The antonyms of the word ‘Shrine’ are as follows.