Subtle meaning in English: In this article, the meaning of the word ‘Subtle’ is explained in easy English with examples, along with its synonyms and antonyms.
‘Subtle‘ pronunciation= sʌtəl, sʌt(ə)l, sə-təl
(In the word Subtle ‘B’ is a silent letter so we don’t pronounce the ‘B’ in the word.)
Subtle meaning in English
‘Subtle’ means something that is not immediately apparent or obvious.
1. ‘Subtle’ means too delicate and complex, so it is difficult to analyze, describe and understand.
2. Clever, acumen.
3. Using clever and indirect methods to achieve something.
4. Delicate and precise.
5. Hard to see or notice.
6. Almost difficult to notice.
The word ‘Subtle’ acts as an adjective.
The comparative adjective of the word ‘Subtle’ is ‘Subtler’ and the superlative adjective is ‘Subtlest’.
Sentences that can be formed using the word ‘Subtle’ are as follows.
▪ The difference was so subtle that it is not easy to describe.
▪ The cake has a subtle taste of pineapple.
▪ Caste discrimination still exists in India, only now it’s subtler than it once was.
▪ I like to use subtle fragrance perfume.
▪ Every day a subtle sound comes from the forest at night.
▪ He has a subtle mind, so everybody respects him.
▪ This is a very subtle theory, it’s not immediately obvious how it works.
▪ He has a subtle mind.
▪ There are subtle differences between the family member.
▪ The dish was subtle in flavor.
▪ Nature is subtle and complex.
▪ The photos are similar, but there are subtle differences between them.
▪ She is a subtle woman, nobody knows who is she.
▪ Don’t be obvious be subtle.
▪ A ‘subtle person’ is able to make fine distinctions with their mind.
▪ You need to be subtle with customers to sell your products.
‘Subtle’ other meanings
subtle body= A subtle body is a “quasi material aspect of the human body, being neither solely physical nor solely spiritual, according to various mystical teachings.
subtle humour= Subtle humor is something that’s funny without the need to direct your attention to the fact it is funny.
subtle flex= Flex has normally two meanings show off or boast. ‘Subtle flex’ means to try to show off something expensive thing but that is not flashy.
subtle art= ‘Subtle art’ is one that does not understandable at one glance.
subtle difference= ‘Subtle difference’ means the difference is so delicate or complicated that it’s not immediately clear what the difference is.
he is subtle= Means he is not being direct and obvious.
subtle light= Means light is delicate and not harsh
Subtle design= Means design in nice
The synonyms of the word ‘Subtle’ are as follows.
The antonyms of the word ‘Subtle’ are as follows.