The rest of meaning in English: In this article, the meaning of the word ‘The rest of’ is explained in easy English with examples, along with its synonyms and antonyms.
‘The rest of’ pronunciation= The rest of
The rest of meaning in English
We use ‘The rest of‘ when we have to use the word ‘remaining or leftover’ in the sentences.
|The rest of- English meaning|
The rest of-Example
The word ‘Rest‘ acts as a Noun and Verb.
Sentences that can be formed using the word ‘The rest of’ are as follows.
▪ I will pick up the rest of my luggage tomorrow.
▪ Where is the rest of the money?
▪ When will you give me the rest of 2000/- Rupees?
▪ Who ate the rest of the apples?
▪ The rest of his life after post-retirement he spent in a village.
▪ Police arrested five thieves, but the rest of the thieves successfully escaped.
▪ When will you pay off the rest of the money?
▪ The ten workers are here but the rest of them are on holiday.
▪ What do you do the rest of you all?
▪ Except for Europe, the rest of the world is in danger.
▪ Where are the rest of your books?
▪ Where are the rest of your family members?
▪ The rest of the week will experience heavy rain.
▪ He is not like the rest of them.
▪ Don’t be like the rest of them, do some unique.
▪ Police investigated the rest of the suspects.
▪ The rest of my friends are not going to picnic.
‘The rest of’ other meanings
the rest of you– you others, who have not yet been mentioned by someone.
the rest of your life– To spend the remaining portion of one’s life
the rest of your face– the remaining portion of someone’s face
the rest of them– the things leftover
the rest of us– the remaining of us
the rest of the world– the remaining portion of the world
the rest of the day– the remaining portion of the day
the rest of my life– the leftover portion of the day
the rest of the story– the remaining part of the story
the rest of the week– the remaining part of the week
the rest of the year– the remaining part of the year
the rest of the team– the remaining part of the team
the rest of the time– the remaining part of the time
the rest of the family– the remaining members of the family
the rest of the class– the leftover class
the weather for the rest of the week– the weather for the leftover days of the week
while the rest of us die– while the remaining of us die
for the rest of us– for the remaining of us
all the rest of– all the remaining of
not like the rest of them– not like the remaining people or things
rest of the lung fields are clear– the remaining portion of the lung fields are clear
don’t be like the rest of them– don’t be like the remaining people
like the rest of us– like the remaining of us
‘The rest of’ Synonyms-antonyms
The synonyms of ‘The rest of’ are as follows.
The antonyms of ‘The rest of’ are as follows.
|not remaining part|