Till meaning in English: In this article, the meaning of the word ‘Till’ is explained in easy English with examples, along with its synonyms and antonyms.
‘Till’ pronunciation= til
Till meaning in English
The word ‘Till’ has more than one meaning. For example:-
1. The word ‘Till’ is used to denote up to a certain time of a specified event.
Example: Till this time, I have never met her.
2. A box or safe for keeping money in a commercial place. Which can be easily moved from one place to another.
3. A drawer for keeping money, or a cash-book or a cash register.
4. To cultivate or to plow or to work for the preparation of crops.
|Till- English meaning
|so long as|
|as long as|
|by that time|
|to plough the field|
The word ‘Till’ acts as a Preposition, Conjunction, Noun, and Verb.
The past tense of the word ‘Till’ is ‘Tilled’ and the present participle is ‘Tilling’.
The plural noun of the word ‘Till’ is ‘Tills’.
Sentences that can be formed using the word ‘Till’ are as follows.
▪ Till then take care of yourself.
▪ Till the end of my life.
▪ Till when are you here.
▪ Till what time do you work?
▪ The accountant has to work till nine o’clock tonight.
▪ You won’t win till you try.
▪ She shopped till no money was left in her purse.
▪ Farmers tilling the soil from early morning.
▪ Dancer practiced till felt tired.
▪ There were valuable things in the till.
▪ He stopped tilling because of the rain.
▪ He counted shop customers’ payments in the till.
▪ Someone theft money from till.
▪ He checked the till for customers’ payment.
‘Till’ other meanings
till when= Unless, until
till when honey= as long as dear
till date= Until the date
till what time= Till when
till we meet again= Until we meet again
till now= So far, still
till now no= Not yet
till now nothing= So far nothing
till now i= So far i
till time= By the time
till then take care= Take care until
valid till= The official duration
valid till Dec 31= The official duration is 31st December
runs till- Lasts long
wait till tomorrow= Wait as long as tomorrow
dusk till= Wait as long as dusk
up till now= So far, yet
up till then= until then, meantime
friends till the end= Friends forever
The synonyms of the word ‘Till’ are as follows.
|up to the time that|
|until such time as|
The antonyms of the word ‘Till’ are as follows.