Verdict meaning in English: In this article, the meaning of the word ‘Verdict’ is explained in easy English with examples, along with its synonyms and antonyms.
‘Verdict’ pronunciation= ˈvər-dikt, və-dikt
Verdict meaning in English
‘Verdict’ is the official decision given by the judge in the court after examining the evidence about a crime.
1. Opinion formed about something after careful examination of it.
2. Judgment of the Bench or decision of arbitrators.
|Verdict- English meaning|
The word ‘Verdict’ acts as a ‘Noun’.
The plural noun of the word ‘Verdict’ is ‘Verdicts’.
Sentences that can be formed using the word ‘Verdict’ are as follows.
▪ All communities were happy with the Supreme Court’s Ayodhya verdict.
▪ The general verdict of people was that the ruling party is not going to complete the promises which they made in elections.
▪ Everyone was surprised by the electoral verdict.
▪ The judicial verdict gave me great relief.
▪ They reached the final verdict after six hours of deliberation.
▪ in election verdict time, political parties workers looked tense.
▪ The judge will pronounce the verdict on Friday morning at 11.30.
▪ She cried happily when the final verdict came.
▪ The general verdict is that the clothes in malls are too costly.
▪ We will appeal in the higher court against the verdict.
▪ We respect the verdict and going to withdraw all cases against him.
‘Verdict’ other meanings
electoral verdict= Election decision
verdict time= Judgment time
verdict man= Judgment man
final verdict= Final call
general verdict= General judgment
judicial verdict= Judicial decision
open verdict= Open vote
split verdict= Divided verdict
The synonyms of the word ‘Verdict’ are as follows.
The antonyms of the word ‘Verdict’ are as follows.