Veteran meaning in English: In this article, the meaning of the word ‘Veteran’ is explained in easy English with examples, along with its synonyms and antonyms.
‘Veteran’ pronunciation= ve-ta-ran, vet(a)r(a)n
Veteran meaning in English
1. ‘Veteran’ means an experienced person having long experience in that field due to working in a field for a long time.
2. A person who has served in the Armed Forces and has preferably of war experience, such an experienced soldier (old soldier).
|Veteran- English meaning|
‘The word ‘Veteran’ acts as a ‘Noun’.
The plural noun of the word ‘Veteran’ is ‘Veterans’.
Sentences that can be formed using the word ‘Veteran’ and Veteran’s are as follows.
▪ He is one of the surviving veterans of the India and Pakistan Kargil war.
▪ He is a veteran politician so everybody respects him.
▪ He is a veteran cricketer and gives training to young cricketers.
▪ He is a veteran actor but nobody gives him work now.
▪ My brother is a veteran of the second world war.
▪ He is a veteran entrepreneur and gives advice to new businessmen.
▪ As a veteran doctor, I always help young doctors.
▪ I am a proud Indian Veteran, though I’m retired now.
▪ The new football team gave tough competition to the veteran’s football team.
▪ As a veteran teacher, he was selected as a principal of the school.
‘Veteran’ other meanings
army veteran= Old experienced soldier
veteran doctor= Experienced doctor
veteran journalist= Experienced journalist
veteran girl= Skilled girl
veteran teacher= Experienced teacher, old experienced teacher
veteran employee= Versed employee
veteran actor= Experienced actor, proficient actor
veteran player= Experienced player, proficient player
are you a veteran?= Are you a war-experienced retired soldier?
veteran singer= Experienced singer, proficient singer
happy veterans day= Happy retired soldiers day
veterans administration= Experienced Administration
The synonyms of the word ‘Veteran’ are as follows.
The antonyms of the word ‘Veteran’ are as follows.