Virgin meaning in English: In this article, the meaning of the word ‘Virgin’ is explained in easy English with examples, along with its synonyms and antonyms.
‘Virgin’ pronunciation= vir-gin, ver-dzin
Virgin meaning in English
Such a man or woman who has never had sexual intercourse, that man or woman is called a ‘Virgin’.
1. ‘Virgin’ means land that has never been used.
2. Something that has not been used, has never been exploited, or has never been processed.
💖 Historically, the word ‘Virgin’ was used to describe a girl who never had intercourse.
In ancient times, the word ‘Virgin’ was mostly used to refer to girls because then puberty was considered more important for girls than boys.
In today’s time, we all know that this word is used equally in the context of both boys and girls.
Note: One cannot tell by just looking at any man or woman or even after doing their medical examination, whether he or she is a ‘Virgin’ or not.
|Virgin- English meaning|
The word ‘Virgin’ acts as a ‘Noun’ and ‘Adjective’.
Sentences that can be formed using the word ‘Virgin’ are as follows.
▪ A man or woman who never experienced sexual intercourse is called a ‘virgin’.
▪ Are you a virgin or not?
▪ I am not a virgin.
▪ She is not a virgin anymore.
▪ I am a virgin.
▪ At what age did you lose your virginity?
▪ She confessed to her husband on the first night that she is not a virgin.
▪ Virginity never defines someone’s character.
▪ Land that is free from human disturbance is called ‘virgin land’.
▪ I’m an adult virgin.
▪ He remained a virgin until the age of forty.
▪ A female who has not had sexual intercourse with a male is called a virgin.
‘Virgin’ other meanings
virginity= Maidenhead, maidenhood, girlhood
half virgin= A man or woman who has participated in some sexual acts, but not full intercourse.
virgin coconut oil= Natural Coconut Oil, Unrefined Coconut Oil, Unprocessed Coconut Oil, Pure Coconut Oil
virgin olive oil= Natural olive oil, pure olive oil
virgin linseed oil- Natural Linseed Oil, Pure Linseed Oil
Extra virgin= Highest quality olive oil made from the first pressing of the olive. This first press olive oil has very little oleic acid.
virgin oil= Crude oil, natural oil, pure oil
virgin land= Intact land, unused land
still virgin= Still single, never had sexual intercourse
The synonyms of the word ‘Virgin’ are as follows.
The antonyms of the word ‘Virgin’ are as follows.