Worth meaning in English: In this article, the meaning of the word ‘Worth’ is explained in easy English with examples, along with its synonyms and antonyms.
‘Worth’ pronunciation= wərth
Worth meaning in English
‘Worth’ means the value determined on the basis of one’s ability, usability, and suitability.
1. The word ‘Worth’ is used to indicate that something is useful more than its value. Similarly, it is also used to tell that something is not useful at all in comparison to its value.
2. The word ‘Worth’ is used to denote one’s high usefulness.
|Worth- English meaning|
|equal to value|
|to be useful|
|to be profitable|
The word ‘Worth’ functions as a ‘Noun’ and ‘Adjective’.
Sentences that can be formed using the word ‘Worth’ are as follows.
▪ I am worth it.
▪ We are worth it.
▪ You are worth it.
▪ I am not worth it.
▪ Never doubt your worth.
▪ You are worthless.
▪ This amazing product is worth every penny spend on it.
▪ This product is not worth a single penny.
▪ This product is worth a lot more than I paid.
▪ The net worth of movie actors is unbelievable.
▪ The leader declared his net worth at election time.
▪ The product has labeled a price tag of 500/- rupees but is only worth 300/- rupees.
▪ She bought about 50/- rupees worth of rice.
▪ This highly talented batsman has already proved his worth.
▪ Mumbai is worth a place to visit.
‘Worth’ other meanings
net worth= The value of the assets a person or corporation owns, minus the total of all liabilities they owe
estimate net worth= Calculation of the value of the assets a person or corporation owns
your net worth= The assets owned by you minus liabilities
net worth per share= Measurement of the net worth of the company for each share of stock that has been issued.
tangible net worth= The total net worth of a company and deducting intangible assets from the total. (Intangible assets include computer software, licenses, trademarks, patents, films, copyrights, and import quotas.)
self-worth= Self-esteem, own value as a human being
worth watching= Highly watchable
worthwhile= Proper, important enough to an investment, value, or importance
worth living= To live passionately, do something with your life
worth living for= That you cannot enjoy life without it
worth seeing- Highly viewable
know your worth= Value yourself
not worth = Not useful at all in comparison to its value.
not worth the price= Not useful at all in comparison to its price.
worth buying= Useful in comparison to its value so recommended to buy
worth sharing= Useful and valuable for sharing
worth considering= valuable considering
worth pondering= valuable to considering
job worth= Job deserves to do
we are worth it= We deserve it
a picture is worth a thousand words= This picture is more valuable than thousand words
down to worth= Not useful considering price
worthful= Suitable, deserving
worthless= Useless, unusable
worthy for you= Suitable for you
worth reading= Readable
worth mentioning= Is remarkable
don’t doubt your worth= Don’t doubt your ability
worth listening= Listenable
worth the hype= worth promoting
i am not worthy= I don’t deserve
worth person= Qualified person
worth every penny= Value for money
worth nothing= No fit at all
worth for money= Value for the money
The synonyms of the word ‘Worth’ are as follows.
The antonyms of the word ‘Worth’ are as follows.