Yield meaning in English: In this article, the meaning of the word ‘Yield’ is explained in easy English with examples, along with its synonyms and antonyms.
‘Yield‘ pronunciation= yi-ld, ji-ld
Yield meaning in English
We use ‘yield’ with different meanings.
1. To produce, to give, or to return something for the effort (a natural, agricultural or industrial product).
▪ His hard work yielded great success for him in his professional life.
▪ This tree yields beautiful flowers in summer.
▪ Two chemical products have a reaction to yield something else.
▪ Four plus two yields six.
2. Profit to be received or generated from the investment made.
▪ This investment has a yield of 5 percent.
▪ It yields a higher return.
3. Another meaning of ‘Yield’ is to surrender, capitulate, submit, to give way as a result of force, pressure, or demands. (To surrender something to somebody else)
▪ The thieves yielded themselves to the police.
▪ I yielded to my wife’s demand and brought a diamond ring for her.
▪ I yielded my seat to the old lady on the bus.
▪ Yield yourself to god.
|Yield- English meaning|
|to give something
|to return something for the effort|
|to give up|
|to give way|
The word ‘Yield’ act as a Noun or as a Verb.
The plural noun of the word ‘Yield’ is ‘Yields’.
The past tense of the word ‘Yield’ is ‘Yielded’ and the gerund or present participle is ‘Yielding’.
Sentences that can be formed using the word ‘Yield’ are as follows.
▪ Indian farmers’ hard work yielded a great number of fruits and vegetables in the country.
▪ This tree yields lots of beautiful flowers in summer.
▪ 2 kg chicken yields how much meat?
▪ How much meat does a sheep yield?
▪ The door won’t budge an inch but it suddenly yielded because of our force.
▪ The yield this year has been excellent for farmers.
▪ The tree has yielded a lot of fruits this year.
▪ Their investments yielded a huge profit this year compared to last year.
▪ He yielded to her request and allowed her to drive his car.
▪ You have yielded huge earnings.
▪ His research yielded new information, which was later added to history.
▪ My share investment has yielded a higher return of 25 percent in the last two years.
▪ I yield to his demand but now I feel sorry for this.
▪ What is yield in agriculture?
▪ What is yield in production?
▪ This field yielded two tons of apples last year.
▪ Which is the high-yielding variety of rice in India?
▪ Milk yield is primarily dependent on the quality and quantity of fodder.
▪ The yield is the maximum amount of product possible in a reaction.
▪ What type of account yields the highest interest?
The synonyms of the word ‘Yield’ are as follows.
|go along with|
The antonyms of the word ‘Yield’ are as follows.