Accused meaning in English: In this article, the meaning of the word ‘Accused’ is explained in simple English with examples, along with its synonyms and antonyms.
‘Accused’ pronunciation= uh-kyoozd, akyoozd, əkju-zd
Accused meaning in English
‘Accused’ means a person who is on trial for committing a crime.
1. ‘Accused’ means a person or group of people who have been arrested for committing a criminal offense and who is held for an initial appearance or other proceedings before trial.
2. A defendant in a criminal proceeding.
3. A person who is arrested for committing a crime but has not yet been proved guilty, who has not yet entered the judicial process.
The word ‘Accused’ acts as a Noun.
The plural form of ‘Accused’ is also ‘Accused’.
‘Accused’ is the past tense of the word ‘Accuse’.
Sentences that can be formed using the word ‘Accused’ are as follows.
▪ ‘Accused’ means a person who is charged with or on trial for a crime but has not yet been proved guilty.
▪ He was accused of theft.
▪ Have the accused been arrested?
▪ Who is the accused person?
▪ The accused was acquitted.
▪ He is accused of treason.
▪ He is prime accused of murder.
▪ He was accused of a robbery case.
▪ The murder accused was sentenced by the court.
▪ The robbery accused was acquitted by the court for not having proof.
▪ My friend accused me of stealing his money.
‘Accused’ other meaning
co-accused= More people accused of the same offense
falsely accused= Claim of wrongdoing that is untrue
accused party= Accused Party means Arbitrator or Mediator reported by Complainant Party for an alleged breach of Code of Ethics.
accused man= A man who is charged with a crime
accused person= A person who is charged with a crime
accused of blasphemy= A person who is charged with showing disrespect for god
summons to accused= legal document issued by the court directed to a person to appear before a judge or Magistrate
The synonyms of the word ‘Accused’ are as follows.
|subject to accusation|
The antonyms of the word ‘Accused’ are as follows.