Archive meaning in English: In this article, the meaning of the word ‘Archive’ is explained in easy English with examples, along with its synonyms and antonyms.
‘Archive’ pronunciation= akaiv, ar-kiv
Archive meaning in English
‘Archive’ means a place where records, documents, personal papers, letters, etc. are kept.
1. A place where historical documents, historical materials, institutional records, or records are kept.
2. A collection of historical documents, historical material, or records providing information.
|Archive- English meaning
|historical documents collection|
|collection of historical records|
|put in collection|
The word ‘Archive’ acts as a Noun and Verb.
The past tense of the word ‘Archive’ is ‘Archived’ and the present participle is ‘Archiving’.
The plural noun of the word ‘Archive’ is ‘Archives’.
Sentences that can be formed using the word ‘Archive’ are as follows.
▪ ‘Archive’ is to store files that you no longer need to use regularly.
▪ Archive ensures that your data is accessible when you need it.
▪ The archive is a wonderful repository of past history.
▪ At a very young age, I wanted to visit archives to uncover stories of history.
▪ Archive’ is a place that preserves and stores information about the past.
▪ You can not take these artifacts with you out of the archive.
▪ If you are archiving something then treat them as separate workloads.
▪ Archive’ is a place where any collection of documents and sometimes objects have been collected over a long period of time.
▪ This is where all of your archived messages live.
▪ I just archived 100 messages.
▪ The materials used to construct housings meet rigid archival standards.
▪ The archive’ will not consume the free space provided by Gmail.
▪ Archives’ mission is twofold, document preservation as well as education.
▪ Historians, journalists, lawyers, and researchers all kinds of people go to archives to learn about the past and look at documents.
▪ Don’t delete your emails but archive them.
▪ I always saw archive in my Gmail, but I never knew what it does.
‘Archive’ other meanings
move to archive= keep your infrequently used important records to the storage place or infrequently used important data, files in computer place which called archive.
save the story to the archive= save the story to your archive so that you don’t need to save them to your phone or hard disk or any drive.
your archive= the place where you saved your important records
story archive= place where you saved your stories
archive chat= a place where you saved your chat
archived messages= the place where you saved your messages
archive all= saved your all-important records for future reference
archived chats= saved chats
archive all chats= saved your all-important chats
archive of images= place where images stored
archive of photographs= place where photographs saved
archive your activity= saved your all activity
archive mail= a place where infrequently used important mails are saved
The synonyms of the word ‘Archive’ are as follows.
The antonyms of the word ‘Archive’ are as follows.