Askew meaning in English: In this article, the meaning of the word ‘Askew’ is explained in easy English with examples, along with its synonyms and antonyms.
‘Askew’ pronunciation= a-skyu ,aˈskju
Askew meaning in English
‘Askew’ means something that is oblique or crooked and not straight at all.
1. Something that is not in an upright or flat position.
2. Not straight or level.
3. Turned or twisted to one side.
4. The word ‘Askew’ is also used to show disapproval, contempt, wrong, etc.
|Askew- English meaning|
The word ‘Askew’ acts as an adverb and adjective.
Sentences that can be formed using the word ‘Askew’ are as follows.
▪ He looked askew at the girl.
▪ His spectacle was slightly askew.
▪ After surgery, his finger was slightly askew permanently.
▪ The picture hanging on the wall were positioned askew.
▪ His back shape is askew like a rainbow due to bone disease.
▪ The questions for the interview were a bit askew.
▪ All plans of the government were gone askew.
▪ The wall is built slightly askew by the contractor.
▪ The tree was slightly askew from the ground.
▪ The arrow was slightly askew in the middle.
▪ The ruling party’s behavior towards farmers is sadly askew.
▪ Isn’t that picture slightly askew?
▪ His hat was slightly askew, so he adjusted it.
‘Askew’ other meanings
askew left= Slant to the left
askew right= leaning to the right
askew mirror= Oblique mirror
askewness= Skewness, obliquity, crookedly
more askew= More oblique
The synonyms of the word ‘Askew’ are as follows.
The antonyms of the word ‘Askew’ are as follows.