Condemn meaning in English: In this article, the meaning of the word ‘Condemn’ is explained in easy English with examples, along with its synonyms and antonyms.
‘Condemn’ pronunciation= kan-dem
Condemn meaning in English
‘Condemn’ means to sharply criticize someone for a wrong or immoral act.
1. Blaming the offender for wrongdoing.
2. To punish the offender by pronouncing the punishment.
3. Officially declaring a commodity unsafe for use.
|Condemn- English meaning|
|to be worthless|
The word ‘Condemn’ acts as a ‘Verb’.
The past tense of the word ‘Condemn’ is ‘Condemned’ and the present participle is ‘Condemning’.
Sentences that can be formed using the word ‘Condemn’ are as follows.
▪ Indian government condemned the act of demolishing the Hindu god’s temples by terrorists.
▪ The killer who murdered innocent children was condemned to death.
▪ I condemn the government that tries to curb people’s freedom of speech.
▪ America Condemns the Taliban for a bomb blast in Kabul airport.
▪ Party leaders of all stripes are condemning the profanity-laced demonstration.
▪ The medical community condemned the harassment of healthcare workers by their seniors.
▪ I do not condemn social activists who did peacefully protest against government policy.
▪ Party leaders should stop condemning people who protest against them.
▪ Most Muslims refuse to condemn terrorism.
▪ Your extremely poor health will condemn you for hard work.
▪ The old bridge was condemned as unsafe for vehicles.
▪ The judge condemned a murderer to life imprisonment.
▪ The Transport Department is auctioning condemned vehicles.
▪ All countries condemned the Taliban for harassing innocent Afghan people.
‘Condemn’ other meanings
condemn of court= Court protest
condemn items= Unfit for use or service
condemned person= Punished person
condemned prisoner= Punished prisoner, hanged prisoner
condemned man= Guilty man
condemned cell= Dungeon, the cell of a prisoner sentenced to death.
condemnation of vehicle= Declaring vehicle unusable
condemnation= Reproach, denunciation, capital punishment
The synonyms of the word ‘Condemn’ are as follows.
The antonyms of the word ‘Condemn’ are as follows.