Contagious meaning in English: In this article, the meaning of the word ‘Contagious’ is explained in easy English with examples, along with its synonyms and antonyms.
‘Contagious’ pronunciation= kən-ta-jəs, kən-teidʒəs
Contagious meaning in English
1. ‘Contagious’ means a disease that spreads from one to another by coming in contact with someone or by touch.
2. Apart from illness, the word ‘Contagious’ is also used for infection of human emotions.
|Contagious- English meaning
The word ‘Contagious’ acts as an ‘Adjective’.
Sentences that can be formed using the word ‘Contagious’ are as follows.
▪ Coronavirus is a highly contagious disease, so it’s spread worldwide.
▪ Stay away from me, Corona is a contagious disease.
▪ Everybody yawn by seeing each other, yawn is really contagious.
▪ Drinking coke instead of water was a contagious fad at that time in Europe.
▪ Attitude is contagious therefore the positive attitude has positive results, and the negative one has negative results.
▪ His motivational speech was contagious, and people became motivated by it.
▪ His contagious laugh brings a smile to everyone’s face.
▪ Wear a mask and wash your hand regularly to protect yourself from contagious coronavirus.
▪ The only best way to protect from the contagious coronavirus is the corona vaccine.
▪ Your disease seems to be contagious.
▪ Cricket as a passion is distinctly contagious.
▪ I got the flu, stay away from me! It’s contagious.
‘Contagious’ other meanings
contagious disease= Infectious disease, transmissible disease
contagious laugh= Infectious laugh
contagious personality= Infectious personality, transmissible personality
contagious love= Infectious love
contagious girl= Transmissible girl, Infectious girl
contagious life= Infectious life
non-contagious= Non infectious
contagious attitude= Infectious attitude
contagious person= Infectious person
contagious ecthyma= Infectious purulent
contagious zone= Infectious zone
The synonyms of the word ‘Contagious’ are as follows.
The antonyms of the word ‘Contagious’ are as follows.